John Guidetti

We should send some decent kids to Southampton and Swansea IMO. They play well.

TonyM said:
We should send some decent kids to Southampton and Swansea IMO. They play well.

Yeah great, let's send them then.

*Pictures Guidetti et al turning up at the stadiums a la Odemwingie at QPR*

No way Saints need our younguns, they have plenty of their own.

Daily Mail seems to think Guidetti on loan to Stoke is close. Not sure, but it sounds very ideal for me. They have a very weak set of forwards, Crouch probably being the best.

Half a season in the Premier League would probably tell City everything they need to know.

Aston Villa just got dealt a serious blow with Kozak out for the season with a broken leg, think they will step up?

I too would love to see him loaned out to another Premier League side to see what he can do. When I consider his Feyenoord goals, I wonder if a lot of them (esp. those in which he creates a bit of space for himself around the edge of the 18 and then picks out a corner - of which their are several) would be possible in the Prem due to the higher level of defending.. and perhaps even the better keepers. Perhaps that isn't fair, because the boy can only play against what is in front of him, but I wonder. Watch his highlights again if you get a chance. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMM2H_0DGe4[/youtube]Sometimes it's unbelievable how much space he finds himself in. Was that his own doing or was it poor defending or some combination of both? Guidetti is skilled and can be exciting to watch, but he certainly isn't the paciest guy in the world. Is he going to be able to get off half of those attempts without being tackled or having his shot blocked in the prem?

Now the flip side of the coin is - maybe it will work in the prem, maybe he does have that true quality to create a yard or two of space and put the ball where the defenders aren't. In that case, he would be a perfect eventual fit for city, because a player who can slip a defender and find an open window on the parked buses we have been facing week after week will be valuable to us.

Either way, some time in England should be very telling. I like him and I wish him the best.

Combination of bothe the knack for creating a bit of space and poor defending. Dutch league is a pretty wide open league that is a good playground for competent strikers. Bony at Swansea and Altidore aren't on pace to match their Dutch league exploits and Chelsea's youngsters are close to stealing the league over the bigger named clubs this season.

The plus is that teams play a lot of youngsters and other "next big prospects" so it's a decent playing field to go back to. If he wants a challenge he should go for a bottom half of the table team here in the Prem.

It's an interesting one

I'd assess the options and send him to the club in the Prem that he could do most damage against our rivals + playing time, style of play etc

It's exactly what Chelsea done prior to letting Lukaku go out on loan, Everton were chosen in front of West Brom for this reason.

I'd rather Guidetti go on loan in the prem.

I know he's be unlucky with injuries but now is the time to prove himself, his contract is up next year again I think so this summer is the crunch time for us to decide if he's good enough for us as he won't resign again to be an EDS player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.