John Stones - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep doesn't think he has the personality to play in a derby then I think those who see him as the long term captain might be disappointed. Hopefully he can get a good pre-season and then from there I would love to see Stones and Laporte as a consistent partnership throughout next season. If it doesn't work then so be it but at least we'll have tried it out. I still have hope he'll make it here.

He was only out for about 2 weeks with injury this year...Pep just stopped picking him after.

His personal life seems to be a mess, or at least the bit that's hit the tabloid's, but it's hard to excuse that when you consider what Silva went through last season while still delivering his best.
Dave is about 8yrs older,saying well he could cope so should john is just wrong,not to mention they are very different people,if john is in the spotlight by not playing well the media would crucify him

Dave is about 8yrs older,saying well he could cope so should john is just wrong,not to mention they are very different people,if john is in the spotlight by not playing well the media would crucify him

Yeah that's probably fair, but Stones' personal life problems seem self inflicted, unlike Silva's, so I suppose I'm less tolerant.

Honestly the fact Pep thought he didn't have the "personality" to play at old trafford concerns me, it's an absolute mile away from "john stones has more balls than all of you". He's gone from being a player Pep thinks can shoulder any responsibility to being too fragile to play against the shittest United side in 20 years.

Last edited:
Yeah that's probably fair, but Stones' personal life problems seem self inflicted, unlike Silva's, so I suppose I'm less tolerant.

Honestly the fact Pep thought he didn't have the "personality" to play at old trafford concerns me, it's an absolute mile away from "john stones has more balls than all of you".
Yep it is a concern that he has stalled,really him and eric's partnership should be cemented by now

Thought he did really well when he came on today. Won everything in the air and helped us deal with the late route one stuff.

He barely played in the second half of the season but produced one of the most defining moments in our title win.

2yjwvpd.jpg

Really needs to nail down his starting spot next year, starting to get to an age where he will quickly be forgotten about or become a cup player. Stone and Laporte on paper makes sense but we just need to see it on the pitch more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.