John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he will hang around as a 4th/5th choice for a final year, why would he?
Because I doubt we’d actually tell him that’s what he is. He’ll be told we believe in him, he can get back in the team etc. And I’m not sure who’s coming in for him this summer with his form, injuries and wages? Actually, thinking about it, he could be ripe for a loan towards the end of the window. Loan to Arsenal with a view to a permanent move? Could happen I guess. They have less risk that way. I’m struggling to see a permanent move this summer but a Mangala-style loan may be his destiny.

Because I doubt we’d actually tell him that’s what he is. He’ll be told we believe in him, he can get back in the team etc. And I’m not sure who’s coming in for him this summer with his form, injuries and wages? Actually, thinking about it, he could be ripe for a loan towards the end of the window. Loan to Arsenal with a view to a permanent move? Could happen I guess. They have less risk that way. I’m struggling to see a permanent move this summer but a Mangala-style loan may be his destiny.
You maybe right mate and only time will tell. Personally, I don't think he is a good defender and we should be looking to improve

A move to arsenal in the summer should suit all parties.....wanted him to succeed but just not happening

Still not given up on John, now he is fit he can hopefully get back in next to Laporte and get some games in before the end of the season.

He has been excellent in spells for us, like the first half of the centurions season. But he seems to lose confidence after injuries, and there’s so many of them. His performance v Spurs last year towards the end of the season nearly cost us the title, and Pep didn’t start him again. He’s barely made a contribution since, so I’d be surprised if he’s still here next year.

I think Stones survives a summer cull. Otamendi leaves and we already need to replace Kompany, so I don’t think we’re letting Stones go just yet. Summer 2021 is my guess, with him as 4th/5th choice until then.

I think we will sell if we get an offer deemed good enough. 2 years on his contract where his value is still high.

Buy a world class replacement to partner Laporte using the funds from the sales of Stones and Otamendi and we'd have:

Laporte
New signing
Fernandinho
Garcia
Harwood-Bellis

I'd prefer to bring back Tosin as a 4th/5th choice option than try rely on Stones dire fitness or crumbling mentality for another season. If that happens, ship THB out on loan for a season - perhaps to Blackburn where Tosin has been shining.

Everton and Arsenal will need a CB and would be interested in an English ball playing international. Wouldn't even be surprised if Jose would take a punt given he tried to sign him in the past. There will be clubs interested in signing him and now would be the time to do it before his value plummets anymore.

Stones may well go on to live up to his potential, but I think we've gone past the point of seeing that with us. An offer of £30m+ and I'd be flogging him at the first chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.