John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he broke up with his partner......but is it just guesswork to blame his personal life for his drop in performance.....is it well known that he has problems?
I have a friend who is an Everton fan who tells me Stones has form for bursting into tears after a mistake leading
to a goal.
Maybe he is just mentally weak ?

Villa were no good. Stones City career has been littered with decent performances, typically in big wins / good team performances against utter dross. It is time for the club to cut its losses on this guy and plan for next season with a proper replacement for Vinny (should have been done last summer) and a replacement for Stones. It was crazy to think we could go from our best ever defender, to Stones or Otamendi and not feel the pain from it. Obviously, losing Laporte unexpectedly has amplified the problem.

Not necessarily disagreeing. Interestingly though, I spent a happy hour or two on rag caf earlier, revelling in their grief. It’s clear that they have been underwhelmed by Maguire’s showing this season.

The amount of crap he took when playing for Engerland has knocked his confidence , playing for Engerland whilst being a City player is a thankless task , if any of our players make a mistake or a misdemeanour then it is amplfied a thousand times , its just another angle for the media to slag our football club , (god help us if Foden gets picked for the euro's ,what with Southgate's tactical ineptitude and the media ready to jump down his throat , he could come back a broken man/kid). If Stones didnt make the euro's it would be a relief , a summer's rest and get his head straight a good pre-season and maybe Pep could salvage his career , but Stones is in the last chance saloon

Not necessarily disagreeing. Interestingly though, I spent a happy hour or two on rag caf earlier, revelling in their grief. It’s clear that they have been underwhelmed by Maguire’s showing this season.

I don't think Maguire was the answer for us, certainly not at £80m. Stones isn't the answer either, the problem is, I am not sure who is.

The amount of crap he took when playing for Engerland has knocked his confidence , playing for Engerland whilst being a City player is a thankless task , if any of our players make a mistake or a misdemeanour then it is amplfied a thousand times , its just another angle for the media to slag our football club , (god help us if Foden gets picked for the euro's ,what with Southgate's tactical ineptitude and the media ready to jump down his throat , he could come back a broken man/kid). If Stones didnt make the euro's it would be a relief , a summer's rest and get his head straight a good pre-season and maybe Pep could salvage his career , but Stones is in the last chance saloon
Johns form has been shaky/injury impacted for most of the last two seasons. I'm not sure he will be given another chance to redeem himself after the end of this one.

Pretty damning that he wasn't selected last night. Clear that he's massively out of favour.

Going off Pep post match comments I don't think he is in the doghouse or anything. Pep just wanted pace in the back line so played the two fullbacks there, so really he has only chosen Otamendi ahead of him which isn't new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.