John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was interesting that pep brought Garcia on and left stones on the bench.
Sending a message

Was interesting that pep brought Garcia on and left stones on the bench.
Sending a message

I thought that but what would have been the point of bringing Stones on? If you can’t trust an 18 year old defender when you’re 4 nil up then when can you?

That said, I think it will be Fern and Ota for Saturday

I thought that but what would have been the point of bringing Stones on? If you can’t trust an 18 year old defender when you’re 4 nil up then when can you?

That said, I think it will be Fern and Ota for Saturday

Be interesting to see if he sticks with Otamendi. He is vulnerable against pace. I think Stones many come back in.

My thoughts exactly - Laporte's injury meant that someone had to step up to the mark and lay down a marker and basically say 'I will lead the line". Otamendi isn't capable but i truly expected more from Stones

That one move where he just failed to continue closing down the 1st newcastle equaliser just about did it for me, and I was a Stones advocate

He has a hell of a way to go to redeeming himself in my eyes. As someone else pointed out - stick him in a team winning 4 or 5 nil every game he looks good. When we are in a purple patch and need the back line to defend then he has been very poor

Couldn't disagree more.

If he hadn't stepped up during 2017/18, played almost every game and led the defence there would be no Centurions. You don't lose those qualities overnight.

Why type a book when one word will suffice It’s like reading Jackanory on here

Because its a waste of your life my friend. I cannot imagine coming on here day in day out, to be rude and aggressive to fellow supporters. Its hardly adding anything to the conversation, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.