John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Stones has all the tools in terms of technical and defending ability to go right to the top. Without sounding too simple, I attribute his (stagnant?) growth to his mentality. I just wanna see him be a little more urgent...bit more assertive...show a bit of aggression. I love him and will back him all the way so hopefully he develops into a more commanding centre half. If not, then he'll be a bit limited to a ball playing rotation centre half.

In before John is somehow blamed for the result today.

Well I will bite.

We are 2-0 down, could be 4 or 5 and my fucking centre back hasn’t made a single tackle, a single block or won a single header. He has played some square passes though. Then somehow pulls a hamstring 60 mins in, musnt have loosened up enough in his 60 min warm up.

I am done with this fucking joker, he has the easiest job in world football, just stand there John, don’t do anything that a normal centre back does and then just play 5 yard passes and we will give you £100k pw for doing it.

Get the fuck out this club you absolute chancer.

Well I will bite.

We are 2-0 down, could be 4 or 5 and my fucking centre back hasn’t made a single tackle, a single block or won a single header. He has played some square passes though. Then somehow pulls a hamstring 60 mins in, musnt have loosened up enough in his 60 min warm up.

I am done with this fucking joker, he has the easiest job in world football, just stand there John, don’t do anything that a normal centre back does and then just play 5 yard passes and we will give you £100k pw for doing it.

Get the fuck out this club you absolute chancer.
He quite literally won the header (clearing the initial danger) before United passed it to the other side and scored their second — he was properly defending the entire sequence. And he wasn’t at fault for their penalty, either.

He played ok, no worse or better than anyone else on the pitch (except perhaps Angeliño, who unfortunately did have a bit of a mare). Tactics let us down heavily today, and the team also underperformed.

He quite literally won the header (clearing the initial danger) before United passed it to the other side and scored their second — he was properly defending the entire sequence. And he wasn’t at fault for their penalty, either.

He played ok, no worse or better than anyone else on the pitch.

Wasn’t at fault for the pen? apart from failing to engage Rashford 40 yards from goal on the wing, instead just backed off and backed off and let him get to the box. That’s my centre back that, an absolute shithouse.

Wasn’t at fault for the pen? apart from failing to engage Rashford 40 yards from goal on the wing, instead just backed off and backed off and let him get to the box. That’s my centre back that, an absolute shithouse.
So you’ve ignored that you were wrong about him not winning any headers or properly defending and are going on to blame him for the entire sequence of United’s play leading to Bernardo giving away the penalty?

So you’ve ignored that you were wrong about him not winning any headers or properly defending and are going on to blame him for the entire sequence of United’s play leading to Bernardo giving away the penalty?

Winning what fucking headers or what proper defending? The guy is fucking useless, he’s not involved in anything, he would be odds on to win the world hide and seek championships.

How on gods earth can you keep coming on here and defending him? He is a busted flush, he’s done, we took a big gamble paying £50m for a guy who couldn’t nail down a place in a shit Everton side and he can’t nail down a place here years later.

Winning what fucking headers or what proper defending? The guy is fucking useless, he’s not involved in anything, he would be odds on to win the world hide and seek championships.

How on gods earth can you keep coming on here and defending him? He is a busted flush, he’s done, we took a big gamble paying £50m for a guy who couldn’t nail down a place in a shit Everton side and he can’t nail down a place here years later.
I’ve just pointed out he won the initial header (clearing the initial danger) in the build up to United’s goal, where they had to pass to the other side to create the chance because he was properly defending his side. And if he had engaged Rashford 40 yards out, he would have likely been done for pace (just like if Dinho or Nico did it), and you would have complained he can’t defend. He was doing what he should have, trying to stop the quick forward progress to allow for his teammates to get back in to position to help him. He is not at fault for that strategy not working or Bernardo coming in from the side to fell Rashford.

But it is obvious your opinion is set, he’ll always be **** and to blame for our problems in defence, regardless of his performances, so there’s no reason to continue to debate it.

He's not good vs physicality
He's not good vs pace
He's not a leader, in fact quite the opposite
He's not even that good at playing out from the back he mainly just passes it to whoever is playing LCB and they do it.

The only reason he hasn't been binned is because he's English, his only saving grace(due to homegrown quota)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.