John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didn’t, he played 18. It would have taken you about 5 seconds to look that up. Stones has never played 34 league games in a single season in his career so far.
Read the post again. I'm so clearly talking about Otamendi. That's why I put the phrase 'Otamendi isn't capable' in bold.

I'd be nervous if I was Stones. Pep's clearly lost trust in him and Garcia's really starting to make a case for himself.

With seemingly no movement on his contract extension, constant injuries, no improvement on the field and issues off, I wouldn't be shocked to see him shifted alongside Otamendi in the summer and at this stage, I wouldn't be completely adverse to it.

Get Garcia settled as a credible option for the remainder of the season and get him signed up for the future. Tie Fernandinho down to a one year extension. Sell Stones and Otamendi to fund a world class (or young talent on the periphery, similar to Laporte) CB to come in and partner Laporte.

Laporte, new signing, Fernandinho, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as our options.

Give the latter two young lads a season to see if they're up to scratch as 3rd/4th choice options once Dinho leaves us, if it's not quite working out, we can always make another signing for the 21/22 season, but they're both big talents and could save us some serious cash. Not to mention how fantastic it would be to have two academy lads as proper squad members.

It's felt like we've gone on for so long saying how this is Stones time to step up and it's never materialised. Unless we see a massive resurgence from him in the final half of the season, I would be tempted to cash in to help with our 'rebuild' whilst his value is still going to be relatively high.

I'd be nervous if I was Stones. Pep's clearly lost trust in him and Garcia's really starting to make a case for himself.

With seemingly no movement on his contract extension, constant injuries, no improvement on the field and issues off, I wouldn't be shocked to see him shifted alongside Otamendi in the summer and at this stage, I wouldn't be completely adverse to it.

Get Garcia settled as a credible option for the remainder of the season and get him signed up for the future. Tie Fernandinho down to a one year extension. Sell Stones and Otamendi to fund a world class (or young talent on the periphery, similar to Laporte) CB to come in and partner Laporte.

Laporte, new signing, Fernandinho, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as our options.

Give the latter two young lads a season to see if they're up to scratch as 3rd/4th choice options once Dinho leaves us, if it's not quite working out, we can always make another signing for the 21/22 season, but they're both big talents and could save us some serious cash. Not to mention how fantastic it would be to have two academy lads as proper squad members.

It's felt like we've gone on for so long saying how this is Stones time to step up and it's never materialised. Unless we see a massive resurgence from him in the final half of the season, I would be tempted to cash in to help with our 'rebuild' whilst his value is still going to be relatively high.

Being English is the only thing that can save Stones at City now. Laporte is obviously nailed on for the LCB position and I would expect us to sign another CB in the Summer. With Garcia looking promising, it means Stones is starting next season either as 4th choice (assuming Fern leaves) or at a new club.

It will be his own fault, a lot of people were writing him off, even when he was still at Everton. He then hits the jackpot by the best manager in the world wanting him and absolutely backing him to the hilt. He has done very little to repay that faith. At £50m, he will go down as a very average signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.