John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You comparing Stones now, to Van Dijk and Kompany at 25 is just fucking embarrassing.

Stones makes more mistakes in a week than the two of them in a year.
I’m not sure there is any point in continuing to discuss things if you’re just going to respond with incorrect information and absurdist statements.

I was open to a legitimate discussion and you don’t seem to be interested in that.

Van Dijk was 26. Stones turns 26 in May.
Yes, we just established VVD was 26 1/2 when he signed for them. Stones currently 25 1/2. Stones isn’t the problem for me, it’s the partners he has. Room for improvement still.

I’m not sure there is any point in continuing to discuss things if you’re just going to respond with incorrect information and absurdist statements.

I was open to a legitimate discussion and you don’t seem to be interested in that.

He's never been wrong yet so I wouldnt bother.

These quotes aren't part of a legitimate discussion, they're just embarassing.

Did you feel the same about Kompany, who also made plenty of similar mistakes?...Stones being scapegoated means his tend to be continually highlighted and Kompany’s tend to be forgotten.

And VD also makes plenty of mistakes even now, but they tend to be ignored because he plays for Liverpool and thus does not get the same media scrutiny (and Dippers practically worship him like a god).

I think Vvd and Vinnie had more about them at this stage than Stones.He is quite error prone when not even under great pressure and I don't think it is football ability but something in his head
Personal life may be getting to him and stopping him concentrating on his game cos I'm sure theres a player in there somewhere

I think Vvd and Vinnie had more about them at this stage than Stones.He is quite error prone when not even under great pressure and I don't think it is football ability but something in his head
Personal life may be getting to him and stopping him concentrating on his game cos I'm sure theres a player in there somewhere
You’ve got a fair point about his personal life. I think there is a legitimate argument to be made that he has not yet matured to Vinny’s level, which partially hinders his development. That may come in the next year or so, though. As the missus reminds me often, men tend to mature at a slower rate and, in my (and her) experience, it tends to really take place around 26-28 years old.

Appreciate the thoughtful discussion, by the way — breath of fresh air. ;-)

Will probably be moving all of these posts to the Stones performance thread shortly, though, as we’re hijacking the thread now.

You’ve got a fair point about his personal life. I think there is a legitimate argument to be made that he has not yet matured to Vinny’s level, which partially hinders his development That may come in the next year or so, though. As the missus reminds me often, men tend to mature at a slower rate and, my experience, it tends to really take place around 26-28 years old.

Appreciate the thoughtful discussion, by the way — breath of fresh air. ;-)
I find a glass of rioja makes you think more reasonably:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.