John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Denayer is better than Stones? Serious question. Not seen anything of him on loan. Big statement though.

Stones is better than Denayer, but he's not £40-£50 million better. He's marginally better than Otamendi & Mangala, both of whom may well become better than Stones with Pep coaching them.

Basically, I think Stones is ok but not worth what we'd have to pay. I'd much rather we used the money towards Pogba.

We're gonna see what his mentality is like if nothing else. Especially if he misses out on the Euros. The boy was being lauded to high heaven six months ago and now he's just a shit Boyata. It's an unforgiving position CB - let's see what he's made of. Personally I'd rather not be the club that might have to pick up the pieces.

Giving the ball away in key areas and failing to recognise danger.

It's a big concern, because we certainly seem to be interested in him. He's very accomplished in terms of ability on the ball, but it leads to him taking risks that less talented footballers might not, and to be honest I've had a bellyful of gaffe ridden centre halves. I would say that I long for a Huth or a Shawcross, a thug that likes tackling, being aggressive and bouncing centre forwards off the ball, but alas I suspect such a player would not suit Pep's preferred MO

I would say that I long for a Huth or a Shawcross, a thug that likes tackling, being aggressive and bouncing centre forwards off the ball, but alas I suspect such a player would not suit Pep's preferred MO

Puyol could do both, as can Vinny (fit), Ramos, Silva, Terry could in his younger days, the skill set should take priority. If you want a centre half that's great on the ball, find a great defender who's also great on the ball. If you want somebody who can't defend for shit but can pass, play Spanish Dave at centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.