John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can do much better. Rather than having a punt in hopes of him coming good from the glimpses and selective games he had, we should look for a more consistent defender. Yesterday's game to me made him not ready for a more demanding stage.

Denayer is more commanding and confident.

First time I paid attention to him. As "A.", who sadly doesn't post as much anymore, went on and on about him last season. I figured, I should go pay attention to this guy. Was Impressive against us, and most matches I've watched of him.

God knows which other matches you watched him in. As he's been woeful in 90% of matches he's played in :)

I despair at this transfer rumour. He has been dog awful at times this season. At best you could say he looks like a good defender with potential but we have 3 of those already in; Denayer, Tosin and Humphreys. We also have Mangala who in my book is a better defender – he might be more limited on the ball but in terms of a dominating beast of a centre back he is already one of the best in the league and has time on his side. We should let this one pass us by!

He's lacked confidence all season. He was pheneomal last season and even so, he's just had a season under the worst defensive manager I have ever seen in the league. Painful to say but he's all the potential and shown it at times to be up there with Rio.

I wouldn't mind us getting Stones if it was with the future in mind (plan to develop him before making him a starter) & for a reasonable price (i.e. ~£15m). But we all know he'll be £30m+ & are we really going to spend that money on someone to then not play them?

Think he has potential, but not good enough currently to be a starting CB at a team with aspirations like our own.

I wouldn't mind us getting Stones if it was with the future in mind (plan to develop him before making him a starter) & for a reasonable price (i.e. ~£15m). But we all know he'll be £30m+ & are we really going to spend that money on someone to then not play them?

Think he has potential, but not good enough currently to be a starting CB at a team with aspirations like our own.

£30M+!!

£38M turned down last year from Chelsea means it would have to be a bid of £50M as he has three years remaining on his current contract

I'm not one of the 'we need more Brits' crowd.

BUT, I was watching some of the City behind the scenes videos yesterday and I do miss having a proper core group who push the rest on. Seeing Micah, Joleon, Barry, Joe, Milner etc laughing and joking about in training reminded me that we really did have a strong group of professionals who were also friends and the morale seemed so much higher.

Not that Stones or any other British player would definitely bring that back but I'm just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.