John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30M+!!

£38M turned down last year from Chelsea means it would have to be a bid of £50M as he has three years remaining on his current contract

Don't recall him signing a new contract after last summer, so I'd expect his value to diminish. He appears to have 2 years left, so this summer they need to get him to extend or look forward to a very expensive problem coming.

It's not as if he's done anything this year to increase his value either, so their only hope is that either he has a great Euros or they bring in Mourinho etc and he decides to extend. Don't see either happening, so they may see sense at £30m this summer, especially if he accidentally hands in another transfer request

Don't recall him signing a new contract after last summer, so I'd expect his value to diminish. He appears to have 2 years left, so this summer they need to get him to extend or look forward to a very expensive problem coming.

It's not as if he's done anything this year to increase his value either, so their only hope is that either he has a great Euros or they bring in Mourinho etc and he decides to extend. Don't see either happening, so they may see sense at £30m this summer, especially if he accidentally hands in another transfer request
On my phone so can't post a link
Google John Stones contract and the search results will show he had three and a half years from last September

By all accounts, he's keen on a move. City yet to enter discussions with Everton yet.

Of course he's keen on a move, he'll double his wage, play in the Champions League, play with some of Europe's best players, and work with Europe's best manager in one of the biggest grounds in the country. Any ambitious player would be keen on that.

Problem is, he's shite.

He's an overrated charlatan highly thought of because of his passport. We'd be better off trusting Denayer than buying this liability who may some day become something worth relying on.

We'd be fucking bonkers to take such a gamble at circa £40m-£50m. Had too many of them in recent years.

Should only be buying ready made talents for that kind of money.

He is still English and Everton still play in the PL so still have a huge amount of money, so his value won't have gone down at all. His hype is still just as high even though now people are 50/50 on whether he's the new Rio Ferdinand or a complete fraud who can't defend, so I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere for less than £50m, which is about £30-35m more than he's worth

So torn on this one. A few friends/ people I know who I respect as having particularly high football knowledge, some of which are in the industry have said they think Stones is the next big thing and that he's going to prove everyone wrong and develop in to one of the worlds best defenders but..... I just cant see it. whatever it is, I cant see it.

Here you go
As it's the Daily Hail and you may not want to click on the link, this was written last October and it says he had three and a half years on his current deal to run and Everton were opening negotiations to extend the term and increase his salary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ach-defender-renegotiating-current-terms.html

I think Denayer is gonna be our main RB next season since he's spent most of his loan playing there and doing well. That means we are gonna need at least one ball playing defender. Mangala is shit with the ball so he will likely be on his way. I do agree £50 million is too much for Stones but if we can get him for less then I think he is worth the gamble. A lot of people are going to need to rethink what they think a defenders job is when Pep gets here. Kick it into row Z types aren't going to cut it and Stones is very good with the ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.