John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you got the wrong impression mate, I meant when you play a team in the Sunday league you'll come across that one tall centre back who's hard to get past

oh I get you! haha you should of stuck with the original! ;) yeh I know what you mean. I think his biggest issue might be the expectations that have been placed on him since last season, every error made is now analysed and commented on by the media etc, I think I am guilty of doing the same

Said the same about Lescott as soon as he left and was ridiculed on here by one of the footballing Pellegrini loving experts who resides on this site.

Our CB partnership has gone downhill ever since he left as you so rightly say.
The CB partnership has gone downhill ever since Mancini left. It's not about Lescott. Nastasic looked fantastic under Mancini and was preferred to Lescott at the end. Then Pellegrini came in and suddenly he and Lescott looked hopeless, as has every other partner for Kompany so far.

I honestly hope that the CBs Pep needs to make a great defence are already at the club, but no doubt we'll spaff many more millions fixing their recruitment mistakes.

They turned down that bid off the back of a fantastic debut season for Stones and they'd be mad to turn down that kind of money this time.

Oops, forgot I was talking about Everton for a second.

Ye haha. Maybe not £50M but I feel they'll still ask for around £40M.

oh I get you! haha you should of stuck with the original! ;) yeh I know what you mean. I think his biggest issue might be the expectations that have been placed on him since last season, every error made is now analysed and commented on by the media etc, I think I am guilty of doing the same

Yeah there's no doubt he's made mistakes but I think some people may focus on the mistakes he makes rather than the good things he does

I still think he'll do a good job for us if we were to get him

It would say a lot if Pep decides he's the man to break through into our first team

I really really really really don't want stones!!! No better than what we have. One of the most overrated young defenders I've ever seen. Average defender who is good on the ball, and even then he fucks around with it far too much. Please don't let us be interested in him!!!

It is most definitely a punt & for that reason I don't understand it.

I can understand it if the reason for signing him is fear, that he becomes good somewhere else & we miss out, but I don't get it how he is the best option we could possibly have for cb.

If you just take his basic set piece defending, it's been fucking woeful. As bad as Nastasic, worse than Boyata. Weak. Sure, he can learn to be better 'if' & only 'if' he is made of the right material.

But why do we have to be the club who pays a load of money to sort out that, & everything else wrong in his game ? Why do we want to make it our problem & not let it be someone elses?

There is really no other kid anywhere we could work on for less cost ? Maybe one who naturally likes fighting for & winning the ball under pressure at corners etc, for example, rather than having to be taught it ?
Couldn't agree more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.