John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than him at what?

Not playing how Pep wishes to play, that's for sure.

What exactly about Stones' 'range of passing' is it that so impresses you ? The fact he only gives the ball directly to the opposition once per game (on a good day) or his ability to stand still calmly on the edge of his penalty area before passing it to the keeper, rather than passing it to the keeper straight away ?

If we don't care about defending, I suggest we put a bid in for Daly Blind as he's twice the footballer Stones is & equally dodgy.

Ah but Sones is younger & English.

And that's the only reason we are willing to gamble on him.

That's true...and I've also heard that the club whose centre back Swansea want to buy are delaying that deal because they are buying a replacement centre back from another club who are in fact also delaying that particular deal because the centre back they want apparently thinks Williams is not gonna move to Everton anyway thereby scuppering all the deals.

I hope this has clarified the situation.
This does happen quite a lot; once one goes through the domino effect happens and hopefully we'll be able to secure stones quickly

That's true...and I've also heard that the club whose centre back Swansea want to buy are delaying that deal because they are buying a replacement centre back from another club who are in fact also delaying that particular deal because the centre back they want apparently thinks Williams is not gonna move to Everton anyway thereby scuppering all the deals.

I hope this has clarified the situation.
There were reports that Williams was in Merseyside waiting to do the deal and Swansea pulled out last minute wanting more money.

Also Evening News reporting that Tosin has impressed in pre-season. Perhaps he will get the nod and City will decide not to follow through on Stones. I can't say as I haven't really seen him play, but it's possible City could give him an opportunity and see how he does. Kelechi did well. Why not Tosin?

Last edited:
Yeah stones style is exactly a pep type defender. What defender do we have now that plays the way a true pep player plays like?

Stones might be overrated right now but his style would suit us.

Tbh the way Stones is distributing the ball currently is no different to our cbs. It's obvious, slow & uninspired. It's what they think he 'might' do which is the key.

I’m in agreement with NevKnev on this. He is a reasonable defender who is quite comfortable on the ball and playing a high risk passing game or running it out of defense.

However - he is no Maldini! His defending is at times suspect and his ball playing nature causes trouble at times. I think if you converted Fernando into a CB you would have a similar player, Fdinho would be a better player! Denayer has a different style but could be an even a better player if given a chance.

There were reports that Williams was in Merseyside waiting to do the deal and Swansea pulled out last minute wanting more money.

This does happen quite a lot; once one goes through the domino effect happens and hopefully we'll be able to secure stones quickly

Hey guys....my post was not a serious one...haha!!!!!....or are these just pretend serious replies to a post you obviously knew was bull****.....well now I'm confused!!!??.

I’m in agreement with NevKnev on this. He is a reasonable defender who is quite comfortable on the ball and playing a high risk passing game or running it out of defense.

However - he is no Maldini! His defending is at times suspect and his ball playing nature causes trouble at times. I think if you converted Fernando into a CB you would have a similar player, Fdinho would be a better player! Denayer has a different style but could be an even a better player if given a chance.

This is the point.

People are making an 'ok' defender who is 'competent' at passing, into some kind of football genius. Even the videos of his best moments show a bloke who is a bit ungainly & not great on his feet but keeps calm under pressure (some invited by himself) & maybe the potential to improve.

He really has to, very quickly if we are to use him.

I assume Mr Guardiola thinks otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.