John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were reports that Williams was in Merseyside waiting to do the deal and Swansea pulled out last minute wanting more money.

Also Evening News reporting that Tosin has impressed in pre-season. Perhaps he will get the nod and City will decide not to follow through on Stones. I can't say as I haven't really seen him play, but it's possible City could give him an opportunity and see how he does. Kelechi did well. Why not Tosin?

If Tosin came through, it would likely be to replace Denayer, who might be unhappy with 4th choice role and leave for more football.

Stones is needed to be one of the starting players, because of the passing and distribution Pep wants from at least one of the CB's and which currently none of ours can do.

I don't think even the most fervent Tosin fan would advocate he goes straight into the starting XI so he'll never be a stones replacement.

Really not bothered if we get him at this point. If Pep wants him that's good enough for me. However this is drawing out and I reckon Tosin could be as good a footballer but without the frequent mental errors in a few years if we give him the chance.

If Tosin came through, it would likely be to replace Denayer, who might be unhappy with 4th choice role and leave for more football.

Stones is needed to be one of the starting players, because of the passing and distribution Pep wants from at least one of the CB's and which currently none of ours can do.

I don't think even the most fervent Tosin fan would advocate he goes straight into the starting XI so he'll never be a stones replacement.

If you watch Tosin & indeed Otamendi v Dortmund, both are moving the ball around under pressure with arguably more speed & a better touch, than Stones does. The problem is when one of them, especially Tosin, gets it wrong or makes a defensive mistake.

The bloke we are about to sign, although ahead of Tosin because of PL experience, has exactly the same faults which make us think Tosin can't be trusted.

What exactly about Stones' 'range of passing' is it that so impresses you ? The fact he only gives the ball directly to the opposition once per game (on a good day) or his ability to stand still calmly on the edge of his penalty area before passing it to the keeper, rather than passing it to the keeper straight away ?

If we don't care about defending, I suggest we put a bid in for Daly Blind as he's twice the footballer Stones is & equally dodgy.

Ah but Sones is younger & English.

And that's the only reason we are willing to gamble on him.
It's not me he has to impress.

He may not be your preference but he is Pep's.

Based on what I saw last night, who is he better than that we currently have?

Gen question btw
In fairness mate we shouldn't be basing any of our opinions on a preseason testimonial game.
It's pretty obvious that this is a deal that we're hoping to pay dividends in the near future as opposed to right now. If he signs I've a feeling we're gonna see plenty of errors from him whilst he gets to grips with what's expected of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.