John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness mate we shouldn't be basing any of our opinions on a preseason testimonial game.
It's pretty obvious that this is a deal that we're hoping to pay dividends in the near future as opposed to right now. If he signs I've a feeling we're gonna see plenty of errors from him whilst he gets to grips with what's expected of him.

Fair comments. I think it will take several games before the team get to grips with the new style and many mistakes will occur. Just hope posters show a little leniency before calling for Pep's head :)

Shame this was not sorted weeks ago pre season would if been great with pep. Now he will just be thrown in a the deep end and any mistakes will be crucified by city fans and the media.

Based on what I saw last night, who is he better than that we currently have?

Gen question btw

Hi mate, I dont worry too much about a friendly! Not only is it just a friendly but his head has also been turned and more likely thinking what his shirt number would be at City!;) For me, it's everything to do with "fit"...Mangala might be a very solid CB for many teams in europe but doesnt fit into a "Pep team". His control is poor, his long passing is average and is reading of the game is average! Mangala is strong, powerful defender that you can stick on a big, strong striker and ask to man mark for 90mins but a Pep defender is so much more...In my view, Stones (given time to train in the squad) would be a day one starter and would push Managla to the bench or out on loan and it isnt even close...Watching the euros it was clear how good a footballer Boateng is, the way he controlled the game from the back was world class....I believe Pep can make Stones be for us, what Boateng was for germany in the euros....which is why I feel we should just pay the 50mil and get on with it!;)

I think missing on Laporte was a bit of shock to club, they've been after 2 CB's for most of the summer...missing on Stones as well, is likely to push back Pep's plans to make this his team, until Jan or next summer. Personally feel, if we go into the season with the same back 4, we'll going to still have problems...

In fairness mate we shouldn't be basing any of our opinions on a preseason testimonial game.
It's pretty obvious that this is a deal that we're hoping to pay dividends in the near future as opposed to right now. If he signs I've a feeling we're gonna see plenty of errors from him whilst he gets to grips with what's expected of him.

Completely correct.

City want to to pay part of the fee based on future performance. Everton want £50m cash.

Many Everton fans were saying Stones and Lukaku did great jobs for us by playing poorly and harming their chances of a move!

If we're still negotiating a fee with Everton, then its pretty good from our point of view that he didn't put on a Maldini performance against the rags last night.

Sky reported this morning that talks havent just stalled with Everton but have stopped completely. Everton wont talk about a transfer for anything less than 50mil and have left it in City's corner...If this isnt going to happen, hope they move to plan C soon....

Didn't see his performance but if it wasn't his finest hour don't you think we should take into account that a) there is a lot of speculation around his future b) he was probably trying to avoid an injury that could prevent the biggest move of his life and c) it's only pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.