John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm up for letting Denayer take that spot.

Kompany
Otamendi
Mangala
Denayer
Tosin
Facey
Humphreys-Grant
Sagna, Fernando, Kolarov, Clichy, Angelino and Fernandinho can all play there.
That's enough surely???

A good "list" but only VK is proven to carry the ball out of defence, but last 2 years he often over does it so he should stick to be captain of "keeping the line and standing in the right place"

Tosin in time, but not yet

Still think Stones has something none of these do...

Everton are going to struggle to attract players with this attitude. Agents will look at Lukaku and Stones and say; don't go to Everton because it'll take a fucking search and rescue operation to get you back out.

Fair comments but at what point do you draw the line for potential?. IMO, I think £50m is the wrong side of that line

If his ceiling/potential is the next Bonucci....would you pay 50mil for him?;) Today, I see Stones as having a higher value than the 38-40mil we paid for Mangala. So believe he'd be worth it mate but understand the concerns by many!;)

And what if this potential isnt realised, what if the price wears him down. You keep sayin g Pep will make him world class, but there are no guaranteesas we know

I just trust Pep can do it mate....I see the potential and the "system fit" and believe Pep can do the rest!;)

It looks like the word 'Potential' has the potential to overtake 'Imminent' as the new transfer forum buzzword.

There a joke of a club. Like some else has said, If they value Stones at 50million then pay him what a 50 million pound player gets paid 120/150 a week. I guarantee he's on 70/80 k at Neverton. If they truly values him at 50million they would give him a new bumper contract. There taking the absolute piss.

If his ceiling/potential is the next Bonucci....would you pay 50mil for him?;) Today, I see Stones as having a higher value then the 38-40mil we paid for Mangala. So believe he'd be worth it mate but understand the concerns by many!;)
Is his ceiling that? you and I don't know that. The fact were in for him suggests he has something. The fact we haven't yet bought him suggests something also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.