John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder, with the rumours of Mangala being offered to Valencia in the summer and questions over Vinny's long term fitness, whether we will be in guns blazing for him in the summer. I know Denayer is highly rated, but I haven't seen enough of him to ascertain if he is up to the standard City need. From what I have seen of Stones he really looks the part, and will probably cost a fortune.

Have to ask yourself the question would you be happy with him going to Chelsea or Utd and them getting 10+ years out of him. My answer is no, City should be hunting down the best English talent and making the club the No1 destination for top English lads to want to come to. Sterling is at City. This lad should be next. I also think City missed a trick with Deli Ali at 5m but that is easy to say in hindsight.

You have to wonder, with the rumours of Mangala being offered to Valencia in the summer and questions over Vinny's long term fitness, whether we will be in guns blazing for him in the summer. I know Denayer is highly rated, but I haven't seen enough of him to ascertain if he is up to the standard City need. From what I have seen of Stones he really looks the part, and will probably cost a fortune.

Have to ask yourself the question would you be happy with him going to Chelsea or Utd and them getting 10+ years out of him. My answer is no, City should be hunting down the best English talent and making the club the No1 destination for top English lads to want to come to. Sterling is at City. This lad should be next. I also think City missed a trick with Deli Ali at 5m but that is easy to say in hindsight.

Agree we should I be in there with the rest bidding for him

I know we've spent quite a bit of money on defenders recently but this guy will become a real superstar and it would be foolish to allow teams like Chelsea to have a free run at him. If he was willing to go abroad I could see top foreign sides attempting to sign him too, comfortable on the ball and reads the game well. Must buy IMO.

Whats his injury record like? as well as the quality,reliability has to be a huge consideration in any future centre half.

Vinny's fitness will determine whether we go for him I reckon because if he carries on getting regular injuries we will have to look for a long term option to him.

I think Otamendi next season will start to shine and I think communication and getting used to England is holding him back a little at the moment.

Mangala for me is a interesting case because we spent so much on him can we really think about selling him so soon?

I think if he carries on as he is until the rest of the season then we might just have to although I think a loan somewhere is more likely as he could shine there and be ready for us a season or two later.

Denayer will replace Demichelis I reckon so that should free up a foreign spot as he should be homegrown, also buying Stones would mean being able to buy another foreign player.

I would love Stones as I think he could just be on his way to becoming the next Ferdinand. I think we need more English players in the dressing room as all te great English sides have a strong English/ British core and I reckon even now he would be a regular in the team.

Everton would demand Sterling money, that would be the biggest hurdle.

Pep may have a candidate already, just saying :}
Stones reminds me of the late great Bobby Moore, calm under pressure , great awareness, and has a '' presence'' on the pitch that the best players have. He will be able to pick from a list of top clubs, all throwing money at him, if he chooses City, I for one would be delighted and relieved a rival has not signed him.

Wonderful talent and has everything to become the best defender in the world, I genuinely believe that.

His composure and passing of the ball is a delight, and he has a seriously underrated change of pace.

I was relieved Chelsea didn't get him. Sadly, we should be cutting our losses on Mangala, and go all guns for Vinny's long-term successor.

I was expecting us to go for him, past summer. I am pretty sure he is going to be the next John Terry, it can be for us if we sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.