John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many said similar about Mangala. Perhaps the best way to fix our CB problem will be to get better players at other positions that are lacking. And play our younger CBs. Denayer, Evans and Humpheries should start getting looks. I for one think Evans and Denayer are beyond ready, and Humpheries is not far behind.

Get some top CMs who hustle but yet have vision and fight.

i agree with that, but the chances of pellegrini giving them a chance is zero. if we get a new manager then maybe

He is already one of the best centre backs in the league, he reads the game extremely well and is a leader!
I'm not doubting his ability and he's almost certainly an upgrade on Mangala, but like I said, it's the system, not the players. He's not slow but he'd be exposed much more the way we play compared to Everton. He'd fit a Guardiola team like a glove though. Any combination of Otamendi, Stones and Kompany would be the best CB pairing in the league.
I'd personally like to see Denayer come back, his passing from the back is beautiful and it wouldn't cost us £50mil.

I'm not doubting his ability and he's almost certainly an upgrade on Mangala, but like I said, it's the system, not the players. He's not slow but he'd be exposed much more the way we play compared to Everton. He'd fit a Guardiola team like a glove though. Any combination of Otamendi, Stones and Kompany would be the best CB pairing in the league.
I'd personally like to see Denayer come back, his passing from the back is beautiful and it wouldn't cost us £50mil.
It would be under pep he would sign if we went for him as he wont be available until the summer and for me stones would be a replacement for Mangala and Denayer for mdm so we would have both.

It would be under pep he would sign if we went for him as he wont be available until the summer and for me stones would be a replacement for Mangala and Denayer for mdm so we would have both.
I believe the club wanted Mangala out on loan this season, but Denayer wanted regular football, so he went instead. If only he had stayed.

Many said similar about Mangala. Perhaps the best way to fix our CB problem will be to get better players at other positions that are lacking. And play our younger CBs. Denayer, Evans and Humpheries should start getting looks. I for one think Evans and Denayer are beyond ready, and Humpheries is not far behind.

Get some top CMs who hustle but yet have vision and fight.
Out of interest how many times have you seen Humphries play?

hes a cb we could have for next ten years, he's more than worth it. Exactly the type of player that pep would want imo. we can't turn down players, especially english ones like stones. I agree we do need full backs, coleman would be a good choice for right back

Coleman is too old and not English.

I think Mangala is much better than what he is showing but I do wonder whether he needs to protected more with maybe a more defensive system and less of a high line to show it.

I also think if Guardiola did come in I don't think Magala is good enough on the ball to play his style of football.

In regards to our academy lads, nobody knows yet how good they will turn out, even with Denayer we don't know how good he will be for City yet.

Stones for me has proven in the last 12/18 months that he is on his way to becoming the best English ball-playing defender since Ferdinand, he isn't perfect but you can see he is a player if top quality whom for me would get into any side in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.