John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never rated the guy personally but since we made a profit and FFP is off and Pep wants him can we maybe unite and stop fighting about this? Pretty rational IMO. Come on fellas.

I don't know why you are all bickering! he's a decent player with excellent potential and will be helped by the best manager in the world.
for every 100 people that like a player there will be 20 that don't. Barca can see the potential and so could chelsea. With pep under his wing he will go from strength to strength imo.

He has not impressed me at all whenever ive seen him, but if its what Pep wants then i think his eye for a player is probably a hell of a lot better than mine.

How many people rated Pique when he was 20?

I haven't seen that much of Stones but he's a [player for the next 10 years not the first few weeks of the season

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
But can I ask, do you think just us on this forum have got him all wrong, or the football world in general because if he's not good enough for us, then what the fuck were Barcelona doing trying to sign him??
Who knows who really is trying to sign who. I just have a feeling after all our English signings (and the supposedly decent defensive players like Garcia, Fernando and Sagna up till this season) that Stones will disappoint. There seems to be a lot of group think regarding his abilities on the ball. All I've seen when I've watched him is a pretty average defender with pretty average passing ability.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

I'd prefer it if they were the new Baresi and Gentile, but that may be an age thing. Not sure Gentile would get many games between the bans, though.
Bans? In today's brand of non-contact football the likes of Claudio 'Qadaffi' Gentile would probably find themselves on death row!

The man was just a psychotic brute........ I'd still have him though

Who knows who really is trying to sign who. I just have a feeling after all our English signings (and the supposedly decent defensive players like Garcia, Fernando and Sagna up till this season) that Stones will disappoint. Hope I'm wrong obviously.
Stones is young. He can defend and he's has two good feet and is calm under pressure. He has lapses in concentration, but he's still young enough that this can be trained out of him. Like Mangala, all the raw tools are there, he just needs a good coach to guide him to get the best out of the player.

It's no coincidence the likes have Stones and Mangala have struggled with the tactical systems they had to endure over the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.