John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We make a habit of buying and vastly overpaying for 'not quite ready' centre halfs who never get the time or have the ability to develop.

We've a young Belgian lad who could partner Komps/Ota.

Stones is another disaster waiting to happen.

thats why i think its more to do with martinez than anything else. Players like baines - one of the best defenders in the league have been crap this year. Last season stones was very good at defending, so under the right manager i think he will be top.
Have to say I never thought of Baines as anything other than a fairly ordinary defender as a defender, he was great at times going forward with a wicked cross and dead ball, defensively though he never appeared anything better than a competently drilled cog in Moyes' defence. Moyes was a pretty good defensive coach though.

I think a lot of the Stones hype is down to the fact that England has fuck all coming through in that area, so Stones has been made into the messiah. Although like our defenders, it's so hard to judge him in a system as badly organised as he's playing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.