John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this a lot but it makes perfect sense why only the top clubs have to pay the English premium. We pay the premium not because there's a shortage of English players, but because there's a shortage of English players good enough to play at the very top level. When we pay extra it's because the player we're buying is among a very small group that's deemed good enough to fit into our team, and there might not be anyone else available to take that home grown slot. The West Hams of the world don't have this issue, their home grown slots are already filled.
Absolutely correct
I also bet if there wasn’t a HG quota we wouldn’t have any

Absolutely correct
I also bet if there wasn’t a HG quota we wouldn’t have any
Right, outside of academy graduates I'm guessing we'd have zero over a long enough period also. As long as PL TV rights are the highest in the world it stands to reason that buying a player of equal quality will always be more expensive from an English club than anywhere else.

Where did this £20m price tag come from, did the club say his price is £20m or did some fucking journalists suggest it

This fuckin £20m price tag being mentioned is a joke. He’s an England international whose played for the the best team in England for 3 years in big games. Champions League and World Cup experience.

Still at a young age for a CB. £40/£45m minimum for me if he goes this summer.

I’d still give him 1 more year. Stay injury free, get his form back and see what happens.

Just aggregating the rumours, its still likely he goes I think. But the likelihood of him staying has gone up some with Garcia news.

Just aggregating the rumours, its still likely he goes I think. But the likelihood of him staying has gone up some with Garcia news.

I think it will in part come down to what Stones what as well.

He’s doing himself no favours by sticking around as a 4th choice CB and will likely be out of the England squad come next selection. He needs the move himself to get his career going and being behind Koulibaly (or whoever else) isn’t going to help his chances.

Throw in the fact that there’s been rumours that even if Garcia goes Fernandinho is next in line as the 4th choice, I personally think he’s gone regardless and it’s the right decision in my eyes. Is there much point in keeping an inconsistent sick note for a limited role, when we could sell him and use the funds to pay off a decent chunk of our next CB?

We have an experienced option in Fernandinho to play the back up role and two talented young players in THB and Tosin that could also be bedded into the squad into a similar way Garcia was. Ake is also capable of playing on the right if necessary.

As soon as we sign our next CB, I would be parting ways with Stones if we get a suitable offer. The only reason I see to keep him around is if no one wants him or he can’t find a club that he wants to go to.

I hope he stays. I think he is talented enough to beat out whoever we get when he is on his day ( Even if that's Koulibaly).

Hope he stays, fights for his place, wins, stays dominant and send whoever we bring in to the bench.

Do what Walker has been doing since he got here. We bring some super-duper RB in, Walker simply dusts his hands and out works them. Even though he has been less talented than every other RB we've brought in.

John needs some of what Walker is drinking.

Stones has had 4 years here to prove himself and has struggled. He simply deserves to be sold, like he would be at any other serious club if we honest like Real, Barca, Bayern. Bayern even sold Hummels after a season ffs.

We can't keep inconsistent sicknote for 5th year surely. Only if no one wants to buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.