John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find strange is that there were reports in January and early February that Arteta wanted to take 50 million rated John Stones to Arsenal, but that the price was considered too steep. Now I know Stones has had his problems, but it’s not as if he’s solely responsible for the pandemic, so I’m struggling to see why his price has plummeted so much in the space of a few months. Still think he’ll end up at Arsenal.

I’ll miss him if he goes, for personal reasons and an injury he hasn’t performed recently but is a top quality player and a really nice guy to boot too.

He was the one that organised the full squad signing a shirt for my birthday - fourmidables side too so was really pleased with that !!

Nice guy, great player - he will show the quality again

What I find strange is that there were reports in January and early February that Arteta wanted to take 50 million rated John Stones to Arsenal, but that the price was considered too steep. Now I know Stones has had his problems, but it’s not as if he’s solely responsible for the pandemic, so I’m struggling to see why his price has plummeted so much in the space of a few months. Still think he’ll end up at Arsenal.

Because it suits everyone else if we let him go cheep, he will return to form and they can sneer at us for letting him go so cheap then, we don’t look after English players etc etc.

Because it suits everyone else if we let him go cheep, he will return to form and they can sneer at us for letting him go so cheap then, we don’t look after English players etc etc.

Sometimes players stagnate and need a change of scenery to refresh. I don’t think he’s a bad player, but I don’t think he’ll go up another level with us, which is why I think he’ll go to Arsenal, who now play a very similar style to ourselves. He’ll quickly find form there as he’ll play regularly, but it’ll simply be him getting back to his peak that he had already reached.

Others will always sneer at us no matter what we do, best ignore them.

Keep that shirt safe. :-)

Who put the 50 big ones on him?

Who put the 50 big ones on him?

I cannot remember exactly but it was definitely in the English media in early January, and it wasn’t one of those reports about how much we had bought him for from Everton.

Arteta and Stones also share the same management team, which is another reason why I think he’ll move there.

I cannot remember exactly but it was definitely in the English media in early January, and it wasn’t one of those reports about how much we had bought him for from Everton.

Arteta and Stones also share the same management team, which is another reason why I think he’ll move there.
has he ever been worth £50m

If I’m negotiating his contract with suitors now, then yes. Back on planet reality, however, no.

We’re in a prickly situation with Stones as we need to shift him and he needs game time to recapture form, which is something I doubt he’ll get with us, especially if we sign Koulibaly. I think Arsenal will either buy him at a low price that we even subsidise, or we let him go on loan there.

After the 100 point season id of said yes. For whatever reasons though he is a shadow of that player and we'd be lucky to get half of what we paid for him back now. Maybe with Garcia going he will stay and can get back to where he was, but i doubt it.

If I’m negotiating his contract with suitors now, then yes. Back on planet reality, however, no.

We’re in a prickly situation with Stones as we need to shift him and he needs game time to recapture form, which is something I doubt he’ll get with us, especially if we sign Koulibaly. I think Arsenal will either buy him at a low price that we even subsidise, or we let him go on loan there.

Interesting thought, let him go on loan, gets game time, can’t play against us so weakens them, if he performs well and gets his mojo back we bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.