John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like City are forced to extend Stones after Garcia has declared his desire to leave. We can't buy 3 CBs in one window

Why not? Kompany left, and selling Stones, Otamendi and Garcia leaving, we sure can sign two more.

About his instagram post, I think he is either messing with fans such as myself who want him gone, like a final dig, or he is actually staying.

I fkng hope not.

Why not? Kompany left, and selling Stones, Otamendi and Garcia leaving, we sure can sign two more.
We have other areas that need improvement (and investment) as well - LB, CM, ST, while Ota and Garcia will be offloaded for peanuts
About his instagram post, I think he is either messing with fans such as myself who want him gone, like a final dig, or he is actually staying.

I fkng hope not.
I think his post clearly hints at a contract extension, unfortunately. City have to either sell him now or extend, no 3rd option

To be fair our centurion title both him and Otimendi were great. No stones is fairly young could we not give another chance.

We have other areas that need improvement (and investment) as well - LB, CM, ST, while Ota and Garcia will be offloaded for peanuts

I think his post clearly hints at a contract extension, unfortunately. City have to either sell him now or extend, no 3rd option

I’m pretty certain Agüero will extend, a lot indicates he will. Plus, Jesus is here. We will not buy a striker this window, maybe next summer. We’re covered in midfield too. Aké can also slot in as CDM.

We will add hopefully two centrebacks and maybe a left back. Would be very surprised if we added anything else.

Our top priority have been centre back position ever since Kompany left. It’s time we focus on this area. Aké is not the final piece. I’m certain.

stones was lost in himself ? injury and time on his hand and then private life splash all over the media
and then city lose kompany and pressure mounts and stone a easy target, their is no doubt the lad got talent and maybe needs game time and pep handing out hugs and kisses

chelsea are the next club wanting stones and on the cheap £20 million ?? city just signed a defender from a relegated club £40 million so that's the mark and bottom line fee for stones

I think Stones problems are all of his own making, splitting up with his long term partner and the odd injury have seen him lose all confidence and form. He needs to get his head right to become the player he has shown he can become otherwise City will move him on. Walker has been in the news for the same issues but his attitude to it all hasn't effected his football, however with Stones the opposite appears to be true....!

The club have been trying an awful long time to help him, but can he help himself?

Yeah thats also got to happen as well.

With Garcia wanting out I think Stones needs to grab this season to prove himself...Maybe an extended run next to Laporte, Ake and potentially Koulibaly will help settle him...Ake is a leader and so is Koulibaly - I think Stones needs this.

Yeah thats also got to happen as well.

With Garcia wanting out I think Stones needs to grab this season to prove himself...Maybe an extended run next to Laporte, Ake and potentially Koulibaly will help settle him...Ake is a leader and so is Koulibaly - I think Stones needs this.

If Koulibaly does sign, I don’t think he’d immediately start, so there could be an opportunity for Stones to stake a claim in the first weeks of September. Not long, though. It’s another reason why the Garcia mess has bigger implications for the club; Stones could have already had that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.