John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer

The Fixer said:
I wonder how chelsea would react if terry made it clear he would like to talk to us?

That would be interesting but I do doubt it mate.

my guess: City approached his agent around december time. Agent made some sort of positive noise (possibly just to see where it lead, what with the rumours of 500k p/w salaries. Chelsea are perceived to be an aging side, who have to sell and rebuild. City approach Chelsea in January. Turned down flat because chelsea needed all the stability and as much talent as possible to make sure of getting back in the top four. Chelsea also wanted the new manager to make the big decisions in the summer. Terry is unsure of his future so city continue to get positive response from the agent after the window.

Hiddink turns the season around, chelsea rediscover their spirit. abramovich is re-enthused and hangs on hiddink's every word. Terry is somewhat re-enthused about chelsea. Hiddink tells abramovich Terry is crucial. Abramovich decides he is happy to invest more than was originally planned. City bid. Abramovich wants to keep him, Ancellotti too. Terry has no say, but probably is keen to stay at chelsea. On top of that, because of Eto'o and tevez, City are looking rather like potential rivals next season. Chelsea take the opportunity to get one over city. probably the only opportunity they'll have to do so this summer.

travelman said:
brady0 said:
travelman said:
I have said this before john terry was pissed off when he was forced to sign his last contract, at the time he wanted a deal of parity with the top earners at the club until his contract expired the club said no and forced him to sign. Frank lampard didnt sign and went on to renagotiate a better deal. this pissed john terry off, thats why mr london/chelsea may be prepared to leave.

fair doos but how was he forced to sign a contract?

at the time he was chelsea through and through, he was also stood shoulder to shoulder with lampard in the negotiations. they thought they had better power together, chelsea threatened to sell them and terry backed down. Lampard hung out and was courted by mouriniho at inter before chelsea backed down and renegotiated, captain terry now been let down by club and fellow player.

interesting, cheers pal

I can't see that being the end, this could be the one that drags up to deadline day.

We'll get him in january when we're top of league and there mid table

Project Rain said:
I can't see that being the end, this could be the one that drags up to deadline day.

for some reason this one does feel like that ...... and I don't know why

Abromavic must be downing the Vodka and blowing a gasket with this news!
We snatched Robbie from under their noses in January and now have the cheek to try and prize their club captain from under it too.
The Russian gangster isn't used to someone trying to muscle in on a part of his business empire, they would normaly end up cracking rocks in a eastern block labour camp, or holding up a russian building in a concrete coffin!
Cookie Monster had better watch his back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funny how our lads can tap up players when on Englans trips.

Boot is now on the other foot.

the more we go toe to toe the big guns the more often we will beat the shite out of them. We are just in the softening up phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.