John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More info on JT

I think we should follow the timeline of events.

Out of nowhere, Chelsea say that Terry is not for sale and make an angry remark towards City.
A City player is rumoured to have told City that he would be interested in the move.
No word from John Terry.
City say the bid is still on the table.
Terry rumoured to have wanted showdown talks with big wigs at Chelsea.
Ancelotti says he met with Terry over a month ago.
Ancelotti says he will never leave the club.
Chelsea suggest to media that Terry is a "declining assett".
Bridge revealed to be player who told the club about Terry's interest.

Not saying it will deffo happen or anything, but this does look to be the start of an engineered transfer to me.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I believe that there is a real possibility of signing John Terry.
mentioned the other day (Can't remember which thread ) that there were issues with Kaka due to sponsorship (Adidas) rights. Seems strange that we sign a ten year deal with Umbro and the next thing we put in a bid for Terry - who is England captain (Umbro kit) and is also sponsored by umbro. The team sponsors would obviously want their main man playing in their kit week in week out.As I said the other week on BM (Which by coincidence appeared in MEN last week - don't know how that happened?) There has got to be legs in this new sponsor/Terry situation.

Doesn't mean Chelsea will accept his request though. Most transfer requests seem to be rejected these days. But nevertheless, this is interesting news!

sput the wonder pig said:
sorry spursmad and ajay.... but im not having this atall........

maybe its years n years 33 to be precise of our club being able to shoot itself in the foot time and time again.. but i juct cant see this happening.....

also, i know spursmad has links to city , ie the Taylor signing, but how would he know what Terry is thinking ??

half empty on this one

Terry will be keeping City in the loop, thats why spursmad would know. Terry doesnt feel respected by the powers that be at Chelsea and City are giving him that respect. This could take a few twist and turns yet.

Matty said:
I'm still not convinced he's coming. I'm not doubting Spursmad's information or anything but I just can't see, apart from the money, why he'd leave Chelsea for us. And on the subject of money, he's already on over £100k a week, even if we double that would it really make a huge difference to his life?

what you seem to forget Matty (and a few others..) is that Chelsea will want to sell him - publically they keep the fans onside by saying they don't - but in reality they will never get the chance to get 30mil for him again.

as has been said he is a declining asset for Chelsea but not for us.

Re: Terry - it looks on?

Its the public reaction of chelski that interests me most, there was no call to make this public, it seems to me like they are publicly pressuring him into staying.

How much is all this speculation adding to jts contract at the bridge? I reckon a juicy thirty k a week extra at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.