John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More info on JT

Matty said:
I'm still not convinced he's coming. I'm not doubting Spursmad's information or anything but I just can't see, apart from the money, why he'd leave Chelsea for us. And on the subject of money, he's already on over £100k a week, even if we double that would it really make a huge difference to his life?

It may seem to us on (I assume) ordinary people's salary that there wouldn't be much difference between £100k and £200k a week, that it's all just some crazy amount we can't comprehend of called filthy rich, but when you've been on £100k a week for some time I'd imagine your perception and expectation changes, to the point where a doubling of your wage could seem like it makes as big a difference to your life as it would to Joe Average's.

Re: John Terry- Never going to happen!

Honestly, Terry is a very REAL possibility! I heard some information the other day and nothing has changed since, we are still on the brink of getting him!

As for the people on this forum....

You get 2 types i've noticed, your first type is the excitable, lets the good times roll type who get carried away with any bit of news (I prefer this type!). Then you have your cynical, seen it all before, i wont believe it until it happens, theres no way he would come to our club type, these people deep down do believe its going to happen but because its unlikely they say it won't to save face so they can boast how smart they are afterwards if it doesnt come off! Of course if it does come off then nobody would care or remember what they were saying before!

Another typical City attitude thread Get into the future we can bid for any player we like and we are taken seriously they are shitting themselves at what were doing and getting a negative press against us but even they are changing now because we are the new boys in town Start thinking like our owners not like our recent past City are back and everyone needs to know it

sam221985 said:
Matty said:
I'm still not convinced he's coming. I'm not doubting Spursmad's information or anything but I just can't see, apart from the money, why he'd leave Chelsea for us. And on the subject of money, he's already on over £100k a week, even if we double that would it really make a huge difference to his life?

It may seem to us on (I assume) ordinary people's salary that there wouldn't be much difference between £100k and £200k a week, that it's all just some crazy amount we can't comprehend of called filthy rich, but when you've been on £100k a week for some time I'd imagine your perception and expectation changes, to the point where a doubling of your wage could seem like it makes as big a difference to your life as it would to Joe Average's.

JT has another five or six years at the top level in the game left and I can understand why he wants to maximise his earnings over that time. Given the same chance I would too. Plus, with tax rates going up, I guess a big increase in pay will more than make up for that.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Honestly, Terry is a very REAL possibility! I heard some information the other day and nothing has changed since, we are still on the brink of getting him!

As for the people on this forum....

You get 2 types i've noticed, your first type is the excitable, lets the good times roll type who get carried away with any bit of news (I prefer this type!). Then you have your cynical, seen it all before, i wont believe it until it happens, theres no way he would come to our club type, these people deep down do believe its going to happen but because its unlikely they say it won't to save face so they can boast how smart they are afterwards if it doesnt come off! Of course if it does come off then nobody would care or remember what they were saying before!

Mate you're right in many ways but honestly I get very excited and am excited about the possibility of JT but my head is telling me it aint going to happen. It wasn't suppose to be a negative post, and like the old saying goes, you have to be in it to win it, and I love the fact that City are bidding for the best players in the world. But in this instance, I just can't see us pulling it off.

In a week's time I'll probably be on here with my tail between my legs as JT is at his city press conference. And if that is the case I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong and I'll be laughing my arse off as we sign one of the best defenders in the wolrd!

blupoo said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I believe that there is a real possibility of signing John Terry.
mentioned the other day (Can't remember which thread ) that there were issues with Kaka due to sponsorship (Adidas) rights. Seems strange that we sign a ten year deal with Umbro and the next thing we put in a bid for Terry - who is England captain (Umbro kit) and is also sponsored by umbro. The team sponsors would obviously want their main man playing in their kit week in week out.As I said the other week on BM (Which by coincidence appeared in MEN last week - don't know how that happened?) There has got to be legs in this new sponsor/Terry situation.

Adidas own Umbro. i don't think there would be an issue it Terry playing in an Umbro kit.

sam221985 said:
Matty said:

JT has another five or six years at the top level in the game left and I can understand why he wants to maximise his earnings over that time. Given the same chance I would too. Plus, with tax rates going up, I guess a big increase in pay will more than make up for that.
exactly!
all these bitter fans slagging us down for paying stupid wages will realize next year that unless you pay 'stupid' wages, all the best players are going to fuck off to spain or elsewhere because of the high taxes here.
the government are going to fuck our game up if theyre not careful!

Blue bob said:
blupoo said:
mentioned the other day (Can't remember which thread ) that there were issues with Kaka due to sponsorship (Adidas) rights. Seems strange that we sign a ten year deal with Umbro and the next thing we put in a bid for Terry - who is England captain (Umbro kit) and is also sponsored by umbro. The team sponsors would obviously want their main man playing in their kit week in week out.As I said the other week on BM (Which by coincidence appeared in MEN last week - don't know how that happened?) There has got to be legs in this new sponsor/Terry situation.

Adidas own Umbro. i don't think there would be an issue it Terry playing in an Umbro kit.

I thought Nike owned Umbro.

Blue bob said:
blupoo said:

I thought nike owned umbro?

1dart said:
Blue bob said:
blupoo said:

I thought nike owned umbro?

jinx ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.