John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More info on JT

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I thought Nike owned Umbro!

I hadn't thought about the Umbro link but that does make sense...I'm sure Umbro would prefer to see Terry pictured in Umbro kit on the pitch.
That was the point I was making today, and last week URG.

wrongun73 said:
just nipping to the shop for a paper, if tevez, eto'o, terry, lescott and toure have not signed when i get back ive got a cyanide pill ready and waiting ;]

What you mean we are in for these players?

; p

Blue bob said:
blupoo said:
I believe that there is a real possibility of signing John Terry.
mentioned the other day (Can't remember which thread ) that there were issues with Kaka due to sponsorship (Adidas) rights. Seems strange that we sign a ten year deal with Umbro and the next thing we put in a bid for Terry - who is England captain (Umbro kit) and is also sponsored by umbro. The team sponsors would obviously want their main man playing in their kit week in week out.As I said the other week on BM (Which by coincidence appeared in MEN last week - don't know how that happened?) There has got to be legs in this new sponsor/Terry situation.

Adidas own Umbro. i don't think there would be an issue it Terry playing in an Umbro kit.

yep....... nike own umbro, and john terrys personal sponsorship is with......... umbro, start joining the dots.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Blue bob said:
blupoo said:
mentioned the other day (Can't remember which thread ) that there were issues with Kaka due to sponsorship (Adidas) rights. Seems strange that we sign a ten year deal with Umbro and the next thing we put in a bid for Terry - who is England captain (Umbro kit) and is also sponsored by umbro. The team sponsors would obviously want their main man playing in their kit week in week out.As I said the other week on BM (Which by coincidence appeared in MEN last week - don't know how that happened?) There has got to be legs in this new sponsor/Terry situation.

Adidas own Umbro. i don't think there would be an issue it Terry playing in an Umbro kit.

yep....... nike own umbro, and john terrys personal sponsorship is with......... umbro, start joining the dots.

Plus a season out of Europe to rest that back of his.........

blupoo said:

I hadn't thought about the Umbro link but that does make sense...I'm sure Umbro would prefer to see Terry pictured in Umbro kit on the pitch.
That was the point I was making today, and last week URG.

Apologies for not seeing it...it's easy to miss stuff these days...I popped out for an hour and a half earlier and almost twenty pages had been added to this thread!

I'm going out in about 45 mins and won't be back for at least two hours maybe more and I wouldn't be able to guess how many more pages will be added!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Blue bob said:
blupoo said:

FFS....... And there it is! This is what I was saying Umbro are going to be the major player wanting this to happen. They will potentially be at Terry to sign and be putting pressure on him. Wonder how long his current deal with them is? If there is a long time left to run they will be putting even more pressure on him to play in their kit as he is their highest profile player in the UK. Might be off the mark but it kind of all adds up to me.

blupoo said:
I'm going out in about 45 mins and won't be back for at least two hours maybe more and I wouldn't be able to guess how many more pages will be added!

<a class="postlink" href="http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1000500/1000941_9249_625x1000.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/10 ... 5x1000.jpg</a>

Kinky by name said:
blupoo said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/1000500/1000941_9249_625x1000.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/10 ... 5x1000.jpg</a>

I might get one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.