John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if he has an escape clause in his contract? It's pretty common practise, after all.

Lomas has a lob on said:
stavros said:
The Fixer said:
Could someone please clear my query up?
Chelsea thus far have not given JT permission to talk with us, so does that affect us talking to JT's agent?

my guess as with a lot of transfers that happen is that we have probably contacted terrys agent before even lodging a bid for him.
and if you believe the stories from a week ago it was stated terry had put the feelers out to us

yeah absolutely.

Lomas has a lob on said:
The Fixer said:
Chelsea thus far have not given JT permission to talk with us, so does that affect us talking to JT's agent?
officially yes

Cheers mate, i was thinking it's a form of tapping up so to speak. So officially city can't ask the agent is Terry going to hand a transfer request in.

I *speculate* that Chelsea would not have been approached unless information had materialised to the effect that JT would be open to a move. The papers say Wayne Bridge provided the tip, as an ex-colleague, but perhaps there have been some 'hypothetical' conversations between someone representing City and someone in JT's entourage. Only at that point would City gamble with a bid.

Though there again, Chelsea made this public, not City. ie City might well have been expecting this to be significantly quieter than it's become.

baldybouncer said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
The Fixer said:
officially yes

Er sorry an all that, but clubs can talk to agents (and vice versa) at any time they like, officially or unofficialy!

No, that's tapping up. And it's expressly forbidden. It's probably a component part of most transfers at the higher levels of the professional game, though.

I think this deal looks pretty unlikely. As I mentioned earlier, Kenyon spoke to the Evening Standard and in as many words said John Terry wants a new contract, which is something Chelsea would arrange. Obviously it was said in a very careful way but when you add 2+2 together common sense, the quote from the newspaper and other quotes suggest Terry is using City's interest to angle for an improved contract and the silence is there simply to not damage negotiations or his reputation should he stay.

I'd say City and a transfer request would be a serious option should the negotiations fall through.

I know I'm repeating myself but I think these mentionings of contract talks are vital in working out what is really going on in this saga.

Did you know that according to SSN, Terry has "given his strongest indication yet that he will be a Chelsea player next season". Yeah, right.

Pam said:
simon23 said:
I agree with Fulhamroad....i think JT is just using the situation to enhance his own contract....we wont here a word from him until he signs his new and improved contract.......

If i wasa chelsea fan though id be livid with Terry...he may have damaged his reputation at the bridge beyond repair

The trouble with this theory about Terry hoping to improve his Chelski contract is going to have to run out of steam pretty soon because Chelski seem pretty adamant that they won't be going anywhere near the level of wages City are offering. And then there's the signing on fee to consider. I don't think he's maniupulating the situation as much as he is genuinely undecided ... which actually makes him a bit daft. Chelski aren't really even going in the right direction if their transfer dealings up until now are anything to go by. Can't exactly say this about City.

The difference is, unlike City we don't have to go after everyone with a pulse, we already have well balanced squad filled with quality, one of the best in Europe. Chelsea squad just needs some fine tuning, maybe to add a creative midfielder/winger and a striker, no more than that.

Plus, there's still a month and a half left in the transfer window. With the exception of Real Madrid and City, it's been are fairly quiet transfer window so far.

As for Terry, it's very likely that he's using City interest to get a better contract at Chelsea.
If he wanted the move, knowing how long it'd take to get it done he'd have spoken already.
The club will make him a great offer, tell him once again how important and valuable he is for the team and he'll come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.