John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benarbia said:
I think it's a dead deal tbh, Terry will get want he wants and City fail to land a big player YET AGAIN

Never took you for the whiny type benarbia.

I don't think we are keeping Carvalho because we are selling Terry (as reports suggest we are actually negotiating a deal for JT), I think it is because we can't get a good price for him at the moment, a better season of form would mean bigger transfer fee, still I think Riccy is expendable and I'm quite confident we will retain Terry.

moomba said:
Benarbia said:
I think it's a dead deal tbh, Terry will get want he wants and City fail to land a big player YET AGAIN

Never took you for the whiny type benarbia.

Not really tbh, just think that's how it will pan out.

Ps. Tevez isn't in the same league of players as Terry, Kaka etc.

I've not trawled through the whole lot of this thread so people may have said the same as this but in my opinion, until Terry himself comes out and says he is staying then this deal is not dead. He doesnt particularly look happy from the clips I've seen of him on their coach, arriving at airport etc. Wouldnt surprise me if Chelsea have told him he can go but he needs to take part in the tour to sell a few more shirts etc then once that is over he'll leave. Just my opinion.

fulhamroad22 said:
DirtyHarry said:
fulhamroad22 said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Nope thats called good business...Expansion around the ground and hosting other world class events...Tennis/athletics/cricket/concerts etc etc..

Looks the nuts from where i'm sitting..

I agree it looks incredible but looks mad in terms of scale. If that is meant to be Manchester, I have no idea how they'd get permission for it. So many people would have to move out, but we don't know if they will even try and get it built.

It is mate, but, there are no housing estates etc on that particular piece of land and in truth East of Manchester City Centre has quite a lot of open land in any case.

Either way, the council being the council you can expect setbacks. Remember in the case of planning permission, residents and local businesses are the one that can prevent it from happening. That said, I hope it gets built, it could be very interesting. It's like Manchesters Olympic village but with no Olympics. You'd never see something like that at Chelsea because we are sandwiched between two train lines. Hell, all I'd want is a slightly expanded stadium.

To be perfectly honest FR East Manchester has suffered from lack of regeneration for as long as I can remember and is vastly under-developed given it`s location, in fact the City of Manchester Stadium is the first thing of real note I can remember being built there in 40 years.
I would also imagine local businesses ( local residents maybe to a lesser extent granted) would be delighted in heavy investment in the area.
The Council, well they are as inept as most but I cannot see them ultimately putting a spanner in the works when it comes to the obvious positives it would bring, having said that the thought the `CONgestion charge` was a good idea for Manchester.

I can fully appreciate if you haven`t been to or seen the site we are refering to it`s hard to imagine that such an area exists so close to the City Centre and is a feasible project ( please see first paragraph) but it is there and personally I think it would be far far more difficult to oppose it than to support it.
Cheers.

Left Peg said:
Left Peg said:
Not sure if this has been posted this morning...just saw on SSN transfer clockwatch that Ancelotti has told Carvalho can forget about leaving Chelsea. Is he thinking he may lose Terry?

Sorry...link:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch</a>

Stupid. what's the point of forcing a player to stay when he clearly wants out. BTW maybe we should switch our attentions to Carvalho. I reckon we'd have a better chance.

I have to say Terry looks miserable in Seattle.Prob on the phone to Bridge and Bridge is telling him how the team are being treated like kings at the moment.

Nice to see the North \ South divied still ever present

From the BBC

Oasis's Noel Gallagher does not want Chelsea captain John Terry at his beloved Manchester City. "He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.