John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chelsea reject Terry offer [Merged]

jrb said:
One more point that everybody has missed. Terry would or should know by now if Tevez has chosen Chelsea over us. Roman tells him everything if you believe the rumours. That being the case, which it probably isn't if you believe the rumours, Terry would have definitely turned us down as one of our top targets has signed for Chelsea. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

i do yeah. and here's another theory chelsea get a new high profile manager who wants to put his own stamp on things at the club and may think terry thinks he is chelsea if you belive the rumours about terry not gettin on with mourino and schorli etc etc

still dont think he'll come but here's hoping

TedLoonBlue said:
jrb said:
One more point that everybody has missed. Terry would or should know by now if Tevez has chosen Chelsea over us. Roman tells him everything if you believe the rumours. That being the case, which it probably isn't if you believe the rumours, Terry would have definitely turned us down as one of our top targets has signed for Chelsea. Do you understand what I'm getting at?

errr no

Errr yes, The decision has been made by Tevez. The announcement is next week. I think you'll find that Roman would tell Terry that Tevez has signed. It might just keep him at Chelsea. He is their captain after all.

jrb said:
I concur, good point well made sir!

First post, but a City supporter since 76/77.

What a difference the last two close seasons have been from the usual speculation on ageing mercenaries or complete unkowns. Enjoying all this tremendously.We're pissing with the big boys again, no doubt at all.

Regarding JT, put yourself in his position. On fantastic money already, England Captain, legend status at Chelski, Champs League football to enjoy this coming season, World Cup next summer. Everything going for him where he is. I don't know about his family situation - does he have twins? - but that should be a huge factor.

What benefits would he have in coming here? More money would be a good reason, after all he is 28, with only 4 or 5 more years of top earnings, providing he stays fit. Mega-money from us would turn any professional's head. I like my job but if offered a 75-100% pay rise to move, would I take it to go to a competitor? Hell yes.

Even a 'stratospheric' offer from us could be turned down by Chelski, they don't need the cash.

It would take JT to be tempted by us and request the transfer, as already stated by Chelski.

I don't read anything into him missing that Testimonial game. The insurance on him alone for turning out would surely wipe out any takings on the day.

The Times.

Manchester City will make an increased £40 million bid for John Terry, although any transfer is likely to be dependent on the England captain’s willingness to force the issue.

Chelsea suspect that Terry may be using City’s interest as leverage in an effort to secure an improved contract, but if he is serious about leaving Stamford Bridge, the club will insist that the defender submits a transfer request as they are determined not to be painted as the villains in any prospective sale.

City would not have pursued Terry so rigorously had they not been given grounds for encouragement and are refusing to concede defeat despite having a £30 million bid rejected last week.

Terry stands to earn about £200,000 a week at City — compared to his existing wages of £135,000 a week at Chelsea — and is said to be impressed by the scale of City’s ambitions, although they must be aware that they could be being used as a bargaining tool.

Related Links
Chelsea reject £30m City bid for Terry
Hughes: City can offer more than riches
Chelsea would consider opening talks with Terry, whose present contract has three years left to run, about a new deal, but they will not be held to ransom and know that £40 million is a lot of money for City to offer for a player who turns 29 in December.

The tone of the statement Chelsea released last week, confirming that they had “completely rejected” City’s offer, reflected their frustration, but despite encouraging Terry to reiterate his commitment to the club, the defender has yet to do so.
City lodged an initial bid for Terry in January, despite being warned off by Chelsea before that, but the situation is intriguing not least because it pits the two richest owners in world football against each other for the second time in less than a year.

Sheikh Mansour, the City owner and Arab billionaire, won the previous battle of wills in September last year, with Roman Abramovich, his Chelsea counterpart, refusing to match City’s £34.2 million British record bid for Robinho, the Brazil forward.

Mark Hughes, the City manager, has made it clear that he covets Terry over most others and believes that his leadership qualities, coupled with his defensive nous and goal threat from set-pieces, will greatly strengthen a rearguard that still has a fragile look.

Hughes wants to pair Terry and Joleon Lescott, of Everton, in central defence next season, although the City manager may wait to see how the Terry situation pans out before stepping up his efforts for Lescott. Everton’s £20 million-plus valuation of Terry’s England team-mate may prove a sticking point.

If a second bid for Terry fails, Hughes is likely to turn to Kolo Touré, the Arsenal defender who is out of contract at the Emirates Stadium next summer and who would be available for about £14 million.

City are still awaiting a decision from Samuel Eto’o, the Cameroon striker, who is locked in a dispute with Barcelona.

Manchester United also inquired about Eto’o this summer but it seems unlikely that Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, will sign another striker now that Michael Owen has joined on a free transfer.

Despite the uncertainty over Terry and Eto’o, however, Carlos Tévez’s £25.5 million transfer to City should finally be ratified this week, with the former United striker rejecting suggestions that a cross-city move would be an act of betrayal.

“If I play for Manchester City I don’t think the United fans will feel I am a traitor,” Tévez said.

¤ Christopher Samba has put Manchester City on red alert by refusing to pledge his future to Blackburn Rovers (Graham Chase writes). The centre back was brought to Ewood Park by Mark Hughes in January 2007 and the City manager wanted to take him to Manchester last summer.

The 25-year-old defender has also been linked with Everton and West Ham United and has left himself open to a move away from Blackburn.

“I am still at Blackburn, so I can’t comment,” he said. “Whoever wants me will need to talk to Blackburn Rovers and we will see. I am calm and waiting.”

jrb said:
I actually think football is more important to Terry than money. Regardless of what people say, come the season after next, City will be in the Champions League with Terry as captain.

If football is more important to him than money than why would he even ponder leaving Chelsea for City?

And he doesn't need to wait for the season after next(best case scenario) to play in the Champions League, he's been doing it in Chelsea shirt for six seasons now.

Nice effort though,full marks.

Welcome Baldrick. I haven't forgotten that your solution to your uncles low ceiling, was to cut off his head ;-).

Brucie Bonus said:
Welcome Baldrick. I haven't forgotten that your solution to your uncles low ceiling, was to cut off his head ;-).

Fucking quality............Brucie

bobrivers said:
jrb said:
I actually think football is more important to Terry than money. Regardless of what people say, come the season after next, City will be in the Champions League with Terry as captain.

If football is more important to him than money than why would he even ponder leaving Chelsea for City?

And he doesn't need to wait for the season after next(best case scenario) to play in the Champions League, he's been doing it in Chelsea shirt for six seasons now.

Nice effort though,full marks.

I see your captain still hasn't clarified his desire to remain with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.