John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun: He's Terry happy here
CARLO ANCELOTTI last night insisted John Terry is happy to stay at Chelsea.

The pair met for the first time yesterday when the skipper reported back for pre-season training.

New boss Ancelotti set out his blueprint for the future to Terry and insisted: "There is not a problem."

Terry's position was uncertain following a second formal bid of £30million from Manchester City.

But the Blues are now ready to make the 28-year-old the best-paid player at Stamford Bridge in a bid to fend off City's assault for the England skipper.

The Eastlands club are refusing to make a third offer until the player speaks out publicly.

But a Stamford Bridge source said: "Terry's not going anywhere. He's been happy with the public statements that Chelsea have made.

"The meeting with the manager was not about showdown talks.

"It was about football and setting out his vision as a manager to his captain. It was a 'get to know you' meeting.

"If there are any discussions regarding finances they will be done through the board.

"It is not something the manager wants to get involved in. Neither do we expect any such talks to be drawn out. John Terry wants to stay at Chelsea and we want him to stay.

"When a bid came in February, John said he wanted to stay at Chelsea for the rest of his career. That is no different now."

Chelsea are ready to meet Terry halfway by handing him more money - but they will not go close to the £300,000 per week on offer from City.

Instead they are willing to give him a pay rise that would see his earnings rise by around £25,000 per week to £155,000 a week or £8m a year.

In comparison, Frank Lampard is on £151,000 a week with Michael Ballack earning £139,000 and Didier Drogba £120,000.

I think JT is merely using your interest to initiate contract talks with Chelsea. He wants to stay, they want to keep him. They are just playing a political game, and JT is allowing the stories to run to ensure he gets the best deal for himself to stay.

He apparently met Roman's representative today, first steps in negotiating a new deal or a pay rise. That's essentially all he's doing. I don't think he is really serious about going, but will use the pay offer from you guys to get Chelsea to offer him a better deal. I think that's understandable.

But he wants to stay. He'll sign a new contract soon enough.

If he goes, he's not going for 'the project', he's going because of the money. If he did go I'd be shocked, but very disappointed.

But he's not going to, he's said consistently how much he loves Chelsea and wants to be a one-club man, and he rejected City only four months ago and said again how much he loves Chelsea.

He's just after a pay rise. That's the only reason this is still going on.

neil jung said:
Mail says these pics of Terry were taken today:
article-1198694-05A799EC000005DC-783_468x341.jpg

article-0-05A863FD000005DC-943_233x394.jpg

The only outcome will be a united front and a new contract for Terry.

Pressgang said:
I think JT is merely using your interest to initiate contract talks with Chelsea. He wants to stay, they want to keep him. They are just playing a political game, and JT is allowing the stories to run to ensure he gets the best deal for himself to stay.

He apparently met Roman's representative today, first steps in negotiating a new deal or a pay rise. That's essentially all he's doing. I don't think he is really serious about going, but will use the pay offer from you guys to get Chelsea to offer him a better deal. I think that's understandable.

If he goes, he's not going for 'the project', he's going because of the money. If he did go I'd be shocked, but very disappointed.

But he's not going to, he's said consistently how much he loves Chelsea and wants to be a one-club man, and he rejected City only four months ago and said again how much he loves Chelsea.

I agree with all of that post......

allan harper said:
Pressgang said:

I agree with all of that post......

I'm usually a glass half full kind of guy, but I agree with what Pressgang is saying.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/teampages/manchester-city.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/teampa ... -city.html</a>

Latest paper talk drivel from the Daily Mail.

If all this is a Terry ruse to drum up a wage increase, City would be highly likely to sense that and would not be pursuing the matter. It also ignores the recent unrest at Chelski.

Pressgang said:

I agree but tbh I dont care, he can use us if he wants because if what you say is true I wouldnt want that type of player at my club. In short your confirming he is a money grabber, he comes to City and "it's for the money", he stays with you because he gets a payrise then he's done it for the money! Either way we can't win or lose and you all still love "Mr. Cheslki" even though he's screwed your club over. Funny when you think about it. Would see him as a great signing for us but if we dont get him we will just move onto the next target. lol.

Pam said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/teampages/manchester-city.html

Latest paper talk drivel from the Daily Mail.

If all this is a Terry ruse to drum up a wage increase, City would be highly likely to sense that and would not be pursuing the matter. It also ignores the recent unrest at Chelski.
'Recent unrest'?

By that you mean the stories in the papers about JT, which have zero to do with anyone else at Chelsea, which the players are probably joking about, and the new contracts in the pipeline for a few key players, plus a new manager who looks like he's there long-term.

Okay, Carvalho and Deco want to leave and there has been a bid for JT, but that doesn't count as 'unrest' I'm afraid.

And I think TBH most of us would, despite our ideals, probably use this situation to get a new contract and a pay rise, and gurantee our and our family's future, rather than flat out deny it and waste an opportunity. TBH its probably more JT's agent telling him to stay quiet and he'll get him an improved deal. JT has no intention or plan to leave, but he is leaving the door open deliberately by saying nothing when he and the club all know he's staying.

But his agent will use it to get a new deal. Its just how it is.

JT loves Chelsea and is a total professional who gives 100% every game and is hungry for success in the big competitions with Chelsea. But he also has to make a living, and I think its hard for any of us to understand that him making the most of a situation to get a good deal for himself, doesn't necessarily make him disloyal.

not my fault! said:
Pressgang said:

I agree but tbh I dont care, he can use us if he wants because if what you say is true I wouldnt want that type of player at my club. In short your confirming he is a money grabber, he comes to City and "it's for the money", he stays with you because he gets a payrise then he's done it for the money! Either way we can't win or lose and you all still love "Mr. Cheslki" even though he's screwed your club over. Funny when you think about it. Would see him as a great signing for us but if we dont get him we will just move onto the next target. lol.

We would be livid with Robbie if we thought he was doing this sort of thing and I still remember the rags chanting "one greedy bastard" at Rio Ferdinand when he tried the same thing on a few seasons back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.