John Terry [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobrivers said:
1dart said:
Bob, do you not see city as being ambitious?

I do.

But no matter how big your ambitions are and how much money you're willing to spend it'll take time for you to reach the level of the Europe's elite and Terry knows it better than anybody after going through it with Chelsea.

He's 29 this year and spent quite some time out with injuries over the last few seasons. His legendary status at his club,public image as Mr.Chelsea and Captain England aside he'll have to take a huge risk by accepting City offer because there are no guarantees how the things will turn out in the next few years. I'm sure MCFC will break into the top four eventually and will start winning trophies because with the amount of money the sheik is willing to spend it's only a matter of time before it'll happen.

The question is rather not if but when? Robinho,Tevez or Adebayor have got time on their side,Terry doesn't. Not only will he be branded a money grabber by every non City fan in the country, he'll risk to tarnish his reputation and legacy and quite likely end up winning less trophies just because he decided to make more money before his back finally gives up on him.

That's quite a gamble and some would say he's very likely to lose more than gain by going through with it.
Fair comment. I do feel if we got Terry and Lescott this window then we'd be definite contenders for 4th at least but at the minute Chelsea are definite contenders for the title.

bobrivers said:
1dart said:

I do.

But no matter how big your ambitions are and how much money you're willing to spend it'll take time for you to reach the level of the Europe's elite and Terry knows it better than anybody after going through it with Chelsea.

He's 29 this year and spent quite some time out with injuries over the last few seasons. His legendary status at his club,public image as Mr.Chelsea and Captain England aside he'll have to take a huge risk by accepting City offer because there are no guarantees how the things will turn out in the next few years. I'm sure MCFC will break into the top four eventually and will start winning trophies because with the amount of money the sheik is willing to spend it's only a matter of time before it'll happen.

The question is rather not if but when? Robinho,Tevez or Adebayor have got time on their side,Terry doesn't. Not only will he be branded a money grabber by every non City fan in the country, he'll risk to tarnish his reputation and legacy and quite likely end up winning less trophies just because he decided to make more money before his back finally gives up on him.

That's quite a gamble and some would say he's very likely to lose more than gain by going through with it.

i think thats a very fair point personally

1dart said:
svennis pennis said:
Yes, because if we weren't he wouldnt be on this forum.

Just with him saying if he stays it means he chose ambition over money. If he comes he can have more ambition and more money :)

More money - definitely.
More ambition? I'd say Chelsea have been one of the most ambitious clubs in Europe over the last decade.

bobrivers said:
1dart said:

I do.

Fair points there. I reckon that if Terry was 26 or Chelsea had won one of their 3 near misses in the CL he would be on his way to City.

It seems fear of how terry will be perceived by other fans is Chelsea's best strategy in keeping their Captain.

Terry is bigger than that. If he comes to City, we will have a chance of fighting for trophies. If you listened to Hiddink this morning, he suggested that Terry's concern is not money, but the ambitions of the club.

I don't think Terry can afford to pass up the footballing opportunity that exists at MCFC. He'll get mud flung at him in the short term by the media, but that's part of the challenge to prove that you can make history, and prove people wrong in the process

bobrivers said:
1dart said:

I do.

thats a very good post bob! fair aswell! if terry came to us i to think it'll be a brave one, im not suggesting terry gets "bailed out" by his fellow defenders but in the last few years his partners have been rio (england) and carvalho, the chelsea fans i know thought carvalho was the better of the 2 same applies with rio! im not doubting terrys ability but in a way he may feel that at city he could be "called upon" more often! if he came he would gain alot of respect from me because putting the money aside, he is geniunley making a bold career move!

bobrivers said:
1dart said:
Just with him saying if he stays it means he chose ambition over money. If he comes he can have more ambition and more money :)

More money - definitely.
More ambition? I'd say Chelsea have been one of the most ambitious clubs in Europe over the last decade.
I'd agree with that, but what about the next 2-3 years? You have an ageing squad, and what have you done this Summer? Bought one good player. The future for the next 12 months looks secure, but beyond that wholseale change is required.

bobrivers said:
1dart said:

I do.

Yes i agree with you. I hope JT sees it differently though.

mcfc1996 said:
bobrivers said:
I do.

Fair points there. I reckon that if Terry was 26 or Chelsea had won one of their 3 near misses in the CL he would be on his way to City.
i think if terry was 26 chelsea would be much more willing to offer him a new improved contract, at 26 they would offer a 5 year deal as well, they would see him as the captain for the next 5 years plus we'd have to offer more like 50mil for a 26 year old! thats why this deal is intriuging cuz deep down chelsea no for a 28 year old the money on offer is tempting

mmmmmmmmm.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=goal_report_terry_annoyed&prov=goal&type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=g ... &type=lgns</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.