Johnson

He's certainly bulked up but it's not just fat as some idiots are making out on here! And does anyone else think that he might've been advised to build up some bulk to solve his abdominal problems?

Actually think it's a good sign that he's getting played even though he is, for whatever reason, a little overweight.
Hughes is starting to look like he's got a great eye for a player and if Johnnos showing enough to get a game in his current condition then it bodes well for when he does get fully fit.
Looked very comfortable on the ball for the short time he was on yesterday.

TFC said:
TFC's 2 cents about the weight 'issue';

Bollocks. He looked fine last night, bulked up, but certainly not fat. I used to think sometimes Johnno got bullied off the ball too easily, not anymore.

Lose a smidge more Johnno, but not too much, you look better for it kid.

In much agreement here.
I thought he puffed his chest out last night a la Andy Morrison. I don't think he's going to end up a slight little dinky Colin Bell type at all. Perhaps we have a big hard midfielder on our hands.

1) He looks stronger than when he first broke into the team which will hopefully make him better in possession and tougher in the tackle. Could help him avoid injury too.

2) Mark Hughes would not have a 'fat' player in the team. Johnno may still be a little bigger than ideal but he certainly won't be 'fat'.

I think he looked good in his few minutes and hopefully that can give him the confidence and determination to get back to full fitness and become a key player in the revolution.

Too fat and looks very unhealthy. Don't think he's gonna be the same player again after he 'lost is head' last season anyway, and now he looks too fat to move. Apart from that I like him and good to see im back

carolyn said:
Too fat and looks very unhealthy. Don't think he's gonna be the same player again after he 'lost is head' last season anyway, and now he looks too fat to move. Apart from that I like him and good to see im back

thanks for letting us know that you're a moron in your first few posts, it makes you easier to ignore in future. very kind.

forevercity said:
the lad turns his life upside down to get fit and still gets mocked, grade a *****
Hahahahahaha

Turned his life upside down????

The guy is paid £50k a week to play football, not spunk his money on beer everyday. You're telling me, that after finally realising that he was wasting his career and started knuckling down that Johnno has turned his life upside down??

Behave

I was positively suprised that Hughes gave him some minutes. He certainly is overweight but he also has bulked a bit so it's not that bad and even if he cuts it he'll never look like that 16y kid he used to look. He doesn't have a lot to lose maybe 5-7kg and he should be fine. What short time we saw him he looked like he still has some skills.

masterwig said:
1) He looks stronger than when he first broke into the team which will hopefully make him better in possession and tougher in the tackle. Could help him avoid injury too.

2) Mark Hughes would not have a 'fat' player in the team. Johnno may still be a little bigger than ideal but he certainly won't be 'fat'.

I think he looked good in his few minutes and hopefully that can give him the confidence and determination to get back to full fitness and become a key player in the revolution.

there is a massive difference between somebody being 'fat' and 'a bit overweight'.

Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
carolyn said:

thanks for letting us know that you're a moron in your first few posts, it makes you easier to ignore in future. very kind.
I don't agree with carolyn, but that might be a bit harsh. I love the fact that rumours about him being a pisspot and 'losing his head' are so rife. Everyone who has accused MJ of both those things must know what he's been through on a personal level to dismiss any factors that may be involved. Nowt like getting behind your team though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.