Johnson

staffs_blue said:
maybe its just me but if i was getting £50k a week and people were questioning my weight i'd wanna do something about it and probe them wrong!

It might just be you. Plenty of top players would be desperate to prove you wrong for tuppence and a sherbert dip, but money doesn't motivate people in that way. If he felt he wasn't being paid enough, then he might even be demotivated on 50k a week.

If you were offered a 100% salary rise you might work your arse off for a few months to get it. You might even keep that up for a while after, but ultimately, if you weren't enjoying your job, or you didn't like your boss, or you had problems at home, you probably wouldn't be motivated by the money to keep working harder than you are now.

Footballers are people too ;)

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
It is pretty much commom knowledge that Michael Johnson has had some problems in the last couple of years, nagging injuries as well as pyschological issues. He had the World at his feet a couple of years ago, everyone was raving about him. Not even Micah Richards got such rave reviews (well nearly). The last time a homegrown City Player made such an impact was Paul Lake, who should have gone on to be an England Legend.

Now some of you who post on here may be of a similar age to MJ and think it's a great laugh to take the piss out of a mate and you might think that mate doesn't mind one bit, but if MJ has issues, the last thing he needs to be hearing, are City fans taking the piss out of him because of his apparent size, or alleged drink issue...... Rags or whoever, he will have to put up with, because that is the nature of the beast in football. At the end of the day he is a City player so show him some positive support.

Bluemoon is well known to the Club, so you can pretty much guarantee that Players, especially young local players, will trawl through the postings. Get off MJ's back and show him support..... two brilliant bits of skill last night showed what a talent the lad is.

Fully agree with every word in this post.

bluenova said:
staffs_blue said:
maybe its just me but if i was getting £50k a week and people were questioning my weight i'd wanna do something about it and probe them wrong!

It might just be you. Plenty of top players would be desperate to prove you wrong for tuppence and a sherbert dip, but money doesn't motivate people in that way. If he felt he wasn't being paid enough, then he might even be demotivated on 50k a week.

If you were offered a 100% salary rise you might work your arse off for a few months to get it. You might even keep that up for a while after, but ultimately, if you weren't enjoying your job, or you didn't like your boss, or you had problems at home, you probably wouldn't be motivated by the money to keep working harder than you are now.

Footballers are people too ;)

I was replying to sheikhrattlenrolls post that bluemoon is well known to the players and that some of the younger ones (ireland,johnson etc.) read it and may take offence to what they read.i was just stating that if I was Johnson and I was reading bluemoon and peopler were commenting on my weight I personally would want to prove them all wrong.

Modern day footballers have to be professional in all aspects of the game and I believe weight control is one of them.If you are out injured for a length of time then it is up to you to look after yourself.

If as someone else stated he has taken medical steriods then fair enough,but the excessive drinking(allegedlly) isnt a good idea!

Its just a personal thing that bugs me about some footballers,like Robbie Fowler for instance.He was payed thousands of pounds a week and he couldnt even be bothered to look after his own body.

Good to see Johnson back though!

You could tell from that drop of the shoulder and spin to take 3 West Ham players out of the game, that he still oozes class. Such an elegant player. And he made a couple of great passes. Provided he is over his injury he will be like a huge new signing for us. Medium term I see him as the successor to Barry.

forevercity said:
the lad turns his life upside down to get fit and still gets mocked, grade a *****

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2008/12/03/soldier-tom-neathway-stands-to-receive-honour-from-prince-of-wales-97319-22393639/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top- ... -22393639/</a>

stop protecting over paid footballers!

That is somebody who has 'Turned his life upside down'.

staffs_blue said:
I was replying to sheikhrattlenrolls post that bluemoon is well known to the players and that some of the younger ones (ireland,johnson etc.) read it and may take offence to what they read.i was just stating that if I was Johnson and I was reading bluemoon and peopler were commenting on my weight I personally would want to prove them all wrong.

Modern day footballers have to be professional in all aspects of the game and I believe weight control is one of them.If you are out injured for a length of time then it is up to you to look after yourself.

I completely agree that it's part of MJ's job to look after himself. It was just a specific point about the money motivating him. Decades of study have shown that this just doesn't happen, however much we'd like it to. It would probably be a more natural reaction, if you see people making fun of your weight, to go down the pub and try to forget about it.

forevercity said:
the lad turns his life upside down to get fit and still gets mocked, grade a cunts

Completly agree. How fucking stupid do you have to be to think that by taking the piss out of someone will motivate them to do something. Johno has had all sorts of problems to get through in this year so to see him back on the pitch was brilliant, but no according to some what he needs is the shit ripped out of him to encourage him.

Do some of you not realize he might have put on muscle to become stronger? A fully fit Johnson is the best midfielder at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.