Join me Hughes outers?

moomba said:
PhuketBlue said:
I certainly wouldn't expect you, or anyone else for that matter, to change their opinion based on today's events. However, is there really any need to continually state that same opinion?

Yes, it the discussion merits it.

I don't tend to start threads, just join in with discussions on a range of topics. And people are obviously interested in discussing the manager, otherwise the threads on him would all die a natural death.

I would expect those threads were mainly as a result of the uncertainty regarding Hughes' future. Let's hope that now that this has been cleared up the number of these threads will gradually decline.

Attacking the manager is equivalent to attacking the heart of the club. It means a drastic change, its no great suprise that it gets peoples backs up. It is effectively civil war.

PhuketBlue said:
I would expect those threads were mainly as a result of the uncertainty regarding Hughes' future. Let's hope that now that this has been cleared up the number of these threads will gradually decline.

Maybe they will.

Bonol said:
Attacking the manager is equivalent to attacking the heart of the club. It means a drastic change, its no great suprise that it gets peoples backs up. It is effectively civil war.

Ha ha.

Bonol said:
Can't agree with that. Until this morning, I genuinely hoped that the opinion of those who wanted a top drawer manager to replace Hughes would prevail. When it became clear that was not to be, I accepted the fact and reverted to doing what makes me more comfortable, i.e. supporting the club AND the manager. I think they have made the wrong decision but I hope I'm wrong.

I admire the owners paitence but they have been involved in football for 8 months. They are making a huge mistake which i am sure they will realise come Christmas, by then it would of been 6 months wasted. They might as well do the deeds now and look forward to the future.

Why "Ha ha." The owners have stated their intention to back MH. The money spent on the club is being donated courtesy of the owners. So an attack on MH is an attack on the authority of the club, a rebellion within, a civil war. The problem is you aint got enough soldiers.

Life is made up of optimists and pessimists. In the past a pessimistic city fan has always had plenty of things to grumble about. Our future is now looking so positive that mentally a spanner must be thrown in the works or some kind of dislocation will take place in the brains of many city fans.

Hughes has become the focus because there's not much else to complain about. The board and chairman want to make us happy. We know we can buy some great players and anyone who isn't up to it, or doesn't put in the effort can now be replaced without worrying about the cost.

I often watch games with my Dad - we could be ten nil up but he'd still be complaining if Ched Evans came on for the last five minutes. That's just the way he is. I'd like to think I'm not a blind optimist and I'd like to think that those of you who think it's all going to go horribly wrong are still looking forward to the future and hoping that city (and as a result Hughes) are successful. I know most of you are - and without opposing views the world would be boring - so pessimists of Manchester: I salute you!

Bonol said:

Why "Ha ha." The owners have stated their intention to back MH. The money spent on the club is being donated courtesy of the owners. So an attack on MH is an attack on the authority of the club, a rebellion within, a civil war. The problem is you aint got enough soldiers.

It's an internet discussion board FFS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.