Join me Hughes outers?

moomba said:
tommyducks said:
That is not going to happen though, so we may as well support our club. The alternative is wanting them to fail.

You can support the club without showing blind faith in a manager that you don't have faith in.

Fucking hell Moomba, you really are a stuck up contrary fucker aren't you???

The thread's aim is obviously to just get everyone to unite behind the manager for the moment...but you just can't help yourself.

bluemoon1078 said:
Of course moomba, and people can also dislike the manager without shows of public dissent, it has to work both ways.

Absolutely.

It is time to move on from the Hughes out threads!!!!!!!!!

(not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general comment)

No, this is exactly the right time and place for Hughes Out, or Hughes In or Hughes ambivilant (small thread this one I suspect) threads. It's a discussion board, and if no-one is interested in what you're discussing the thread will die a natural death.

But people obviously still are very interested in debating the merits of the clown in charge.

I am happy he's been given the dreaded vote of confidence lets hope this pans out like these things always do.

moomba said:
bluemoon1078 said:
Of course moomba, and people can also dislike the manager without shows of public dissent, it has to work both ways.

Absolutely.

It is time to move on from the Hughes out threads!!!!!!!!!

(not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general comment)

No, this is exactly the right time and place for Hughes Out, or Hughes In or Hughes ambivilant (small thread this one I suspect) threads. It's a discussion board, and if no-one is interested in what you're discussing the thread will die a natural death.

But people obviously still are very interested in debating the merits of the clown in charge.

No i phrased that badly moomba, i meant more the booing of subs etc, and the quantity and ferocity of the Hughes out threads. It did get a wee bit OTT in recent weeks.

tommyducks said:
spiritofMVF said:
Dont agree, get rid the clown now. He has f**ked this season up where supposidly lesser managers and teams have done better than us. That should be considered as a bench mark. The longer this guy stays the longer we go without the success that this club and supporters deserve.
That is not going to happen though, so we may as well support our club. The alternative is wanting them to fail.

Ive supported the club for 35 years and Im not gonna stop now, it dosnt mean that I will just follow any old manager that they put in place, especially as Ive seen with my own eye's how inept this guy is. If I am wrong and he does turn it around and make us winners I will be the first person on here, eating as much humble pie as I can find. Quite sure its not gonna happen!

I have been as vociferous as anyone in wanting him out.

I feel that following that line just now could only damage the club. And I know that people at the club read this forum. We won't change their minds by carping.

This is a place for free speech and I am not asking anyone to keep quiet - simply inviting other like-minded people to follow my line of thinking. I can't see any benefit in continuing to slag him off on the day his contract has been confirmed for next season.

The thing that concerns me is who exactly is making the football based decisions , with all respect Gary Cook doesnt have the necessary experience to do this coming from a marketing job in America , and the new owners clearly are being guided by him which although commendable is extremely risky . If they want the best for the club which they have proved they do then go out and Head Hunt a man who has achieved things at the highest level .....ie David Dein / Peter Kenyon type and give him the right to hire and fire .

Mike D said:
I am happy he's been given the dreaded vote of confidence lets hope this pans out like these things always do.

ughei0.gif

Hughes has gone, if not tomorrow, or in six months but int the very near future he will be gone!

His position is untenable as far as i can see it. When the man in charge loses the faith of so many around him and by that i maen fans, players and people that make decisions, then it is only a matter of time! I dont for one minute think that everyone at the club is 100% behind him. Patience boys, patience!

For me tho, our owners are sticking by their original word, which while admirable, is mis-guided in that it has to be based on hope rather than any tangible evidence to show he will turn it around.
I take the opposite view. I think keeping MH is a smart move. When MH took the job at City the job title was, we have very little money, save our bacon MH. Then the fairy godfathers arrived and the job description became, here's all the money you could ever dream of, go turn us into one of the best teams in the world MH. The only problem was the arrival of our owners coincided with the closing of the first transfer window when Robinho arrives in the last minutes. MH had little time to devise a strategy at this time.
The season was then always going to be a strange season. The first half of the season MH was effectively evaluating Sven old squad. MH then had the mid season transfer window to improve the squad and stave of relegation, i think the reason MH never aquired more players at this time was the quality was just not available and he was not going to panic buy.
The second half of the season could of been better but with the high expectations and some unhelpful and unprofessional behavour from players with the experience to no better, i think we did ok. With the owners giving MH full authority and backing the manager next year, MH can now get rid of the bad apples and bring in some quality players. The summer holds great promise for us City fans and we really should back the manager and enjoy the ride. Those who are calling for MH head under these circumstances need to book an appointment with the doctor for depression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.