Joke thread

I’ve just read through the replies and it’s not a joke, which makes it actually funny!

Painful reading. I genuinely like Taylor Swift's recent albums- everything after she stopped letting the record label turn everything she did into shitty synth pop is very good. But even her best stuff, lyrically speaking, doesn't hold a candle to anything you'd find on any Dylan, Arctic Monkeys, Counting Crows, Weakerthans, Joni Mitchell, Springsteen or Frightened Rabbit record (or countless others). And all but one of those guys are still very much living last time I checked.

"Do you know what speed you were doing, Sir?" asked the policeman.

"I do apologise Officer," I replied. "I've never used this road before, and I honestly thought it was an unrestricted zone."

"No you didn't!!" my wife protested. "We only live round the corner, you said you were putting your foot down because there wouldn't be any coppers around this late!"

"May I see your insurance?" the cop said grimly.

"I've just renewed it," I assured him. "It'll be in the post, I'll drop a copy to the station next week."

"Actually," said the wife, "you were short on cash this month and said you'd leave it til you had the money. It ran out a fortnight ago."

I turned to her and snapped "will you keep your mouth shut, you stupid woman...."

”Does he always talk to you like that, Madam?" asked the copper.

"No," my wife replied. "Only when he's been drinking."

One of my favourite Barry Cryer originals

FKWGI9p-XEAAS9e-S.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.