Joleon Lescott

Too left sided to cover for Vinny. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times, and that was against Hull. Against a decent team yesterday we would have lost, unless we upped our game sooner. The problem isn't just Joleon, and I would keep him as cover for Nastacic and even play him when we need height, so not overly worried about him. There are one or two players in the first team who still don't seem to be raising their standard, the ones who let us down in the FA Cup final.

bluethunder said:
should have been replaced.

This will be his last season for us in my opinion, it's the reason no contract extension looks to have been offered.

I respect Joleon and love him for what he has done during his time at City, but there are better and younger players who can replace him.

He was a huge part in us winning the league and will always be grateful for that but he does seem to have lost a yard of pace or something this season - can't see us offering him a new deal.

Have to wonder whether we'd have been better keeping Kolo and selling Lescott. Strange decision letting Kolo go and then signing a 32-year old with no experience of English football for 4 million quid.

Reading this forum it would appear that a lot of supporters have a lack of confidence in Lescott's ability yet it would appear to be the complete opposite for his teammates as it was very noticeable yesterday that playing our nice slow slow tippy tappy build ups they involve him a hell of a lot. If he's so poor with the ball at his feet and bringing it out of the back then somebody needs to tell our midfield because I watched him closely yesterday and the midfield players are obviously very comfortable with giving him the ball and have complete faith in him coping with this high line whilst moving it back and forth sideways time after time.

Sometimes I do wonder do we create some of our defensive problems whilst constantly going backwards and sideways inviting trouble and putting our centre halves under needless pressure especially considering Lescott was playing on his wrong side yesterday.

Blue2112 said:
Reading this forum it would appear that a lot of supporters have a lack of confidence in Lescott's ability yet it would appear to be the complete opposite for his teammates as it was very noticeable yesterday that playing our nice slow slow tippy tappy build ups they involve him a hell of a lot. If he's so poor with the ball at his feet and bringing it out of the back then somebody needs to tell our midfield because I watched him closely yesterday and the midfield players are obviously very comfortable with giving him the ball and have complete faith in him coping with this high line whilst moving it back and forth sideways time after time.

Sometimes I do wonder do we create some of our defensive problems whilst constantly going backwards and sideways inviting trouble and putting our centre halves under needless pressure especially considering Lescott was playing on his wrong side yesterday.

Lescott is not the most elegant on the ball but he has a 90% pass completion this season and that's on 200 passes so he has seen plenty of the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.