Joleon Lescott

kippaxchris said:
sk3ptical said:
rastus said:
We didn't concede and he had a couple of goal scoring opportunities.
He is what he is and plays for us ....none of our youngsters are better
Nastasic
Nastasic is our main centre back along side Kompany so i don't think this comment was aimed at him but i do think Boyata is better than Lescott

My mother is better, so just because boyata is as well doesnt mean he has a place in the team either.

Frankly, Lescott is plain terrible. Its embarrassing for the fella. He was always limited in ability, in spite of some blue tinted spec opinions here, he was made to look better by having huge cover around him. Now thats gone he is totally exposed and his many shortcomings are underlined.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm --<br /><br />
Len Rum said:
He looked so uncomfortable in possession today it wasn't true. He's never been the greatest on the ball but why has he regressed so much this season?

Because he hasnt got two holding midfield players infront of him doing all the work!

I was kidding guys, neither Lescott nor Nasty had a good game today but they manage a clean sheet which will give them satisfaction and hopefully confidence.

Blueband Brother said:
Lescott is a very good defender. The problem with him is that he is quite awkward with his balance and flexibility and struggles to change,turn and move his body position and weight in tight spaces and also lacks pace so can get caught out at times. But he a strong, reads the game well and is better on the ball than people want to admit. Unfortunately the comfortable on the ball label was attached to him and has stuck.

People tend to forget and was almost on par with Kompany in terms of performances 2 seasons ago. Since then, he has been unsettled with the changes and have struggled to regain the comfort levels he had in the title winning year. Lescott is a very intelligent defender and a good tackler as well.

The criticism he is getting today in this thread is uncalled for and disrespectful and like one or two other players in the squad e.g Dzeko, he is an easy target.

I agre with every word, Brother.

People are STILL going on about Joleon's mistake that led to QPR's first goal, but are quite happy to ignore / forget / brush under the carpet Vinnie's mistake that resulted in their second on that great day.

People haven't forgotten how much we paid for him and seem to be blaming him for the price tag, even after all this time.

Vienna_70 said:
Blueband Brother said:
Lescott is a very good defender. The problem with him is that he is quite awkward with his balance and flexibility and struggles to change,turn and move his body position and weight in tight spaces and also lacks pace so can get caught out at times. But he a strong, reads the game well and is better on the ball than people want to admit. Unfortunately the comfortable on the ball label was attached to him and has stuck.

People tend to forget and was almost on par with Kompany in terms of performances 2 seasons ago. Since then, he has been unsettled with the changes and have struggled to regain the comfort levels he had in the title winning year. Lescott is a very intelligent defender and a good tackler as well.

The criticism he is getting today in this thread is uncalled for and disrespectful and like one or two other players in the squad e.g Dzeko, he is an easy target.

People are STILL going on about Joleon's mistake that led to QPR's first goal, but are quite happy to ignore / forget / brush under the carpet Vinnie's mistake that resulted in their second on that great day.

People haven't forgotten how much we paid for him and seem to be blaming him for the price tag, even after all this time.

and your point is?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Vienna_70 said:
Blueband Brother said:

and your point is?
Better made than yours usually are.

JoLo is not a ball playing centre back so it puzzled me quite a few times yesterday that when he was coming forward with the ball no-one was giving him any options to pass to. When you have a player who is uncomfortable on the ball and low on confidence then it is unrealistic to expect him to thread the ball through the eye of a needle to set up an attack.

Groans & moans coming from large parts of the crowd don't help him much either.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Vienna_70 said:

and your point is?

At least I make one - and don't just waffle.............<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
forevermancity said:
Disgusting thread

Good player, doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here

Nobody is picking on his looks or personality - merely that he isnt a top four footballer and never was. 23m was ludicrous (not his fault) for a player of such limited ability. So, bearing in mind we pay his wages, he's a multi millionaire and it costs a lot to watch him - i think we're entitled to our opinion.......................

ANY1aBLUE said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
and your point is?

At least I make one - and don't just waffle.............

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:57 pm --

forevermancity said:
Disgusting thread

Good player, doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here

Nobody is picking on his looks or personality - merely that he isnt a top four footballer and never was. 23m was ludicrous (not his fault) for a player of such limited ability. So, bearing in mind we pay his wages, he's a multi millionaire and it costs a lot to watch him - i think we're entitled to our opinion.......................

its about opions then really, alot of people would say that a defender who is an england international and part of a back 4 that has best defence in the prem for 2 years running IS a top 4 defender

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.