Joleon Lescott

Solid today & against Spurs when he came on. I thought he had a wobble on Wed though. I think he is our best CB after VK. Doesn't look the best on the ball but defensively he is very good.

I agree,he had a deceny game today.

Despite his lack of game time,his attitude is impeccable,a top professional.

Pellegrini is a very clever man. With Demichelis and especially Lescott in the team it's no use pressing high upfield. So he let his team sit a little deeper to accomodate the defence. As for Lescott, he simply is a reliable defender and nothing more. On the ball he is very mediocre and does not accomodate the pressing game Pellegrini wants to play. I like having him in the squad but he can be easily replaced when he wants to go.

Certainly 3rd choice ahead of Demi- not sure anyone could argue with that.

I personally prefer him to Nastasic, I think the experience shows. Most of our horror shows have happened with Nastasic in the team.

So what does Pellegrini do now Kompany's fit again? Do you drop an inform CB for one coming back from (a long) injury? Hmmm!

He played well, as he did when he came on against Spurs but he isn't technically gifted enough for where we are going.

blueinsa said:
He played well, as he did when he came on against Spurs but he isn't technically gifted enough for where we are going.

He was good enough to win the league. I'd take that again come May

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.