Joleon Lescott

blueinsa said:
He played well, as he did when he came on against Spurs but he isn't technically gifted enough for where we are going.

Agreed but to be fair to Lescott, his passing has improved and he is looking more composed on the ball

Being a little picky about the last two games Joleon has looked ok but that's it ok. Yesterday he seemed very cautious about stepping out to reduce the space - he was so deep this gave Yaya and Fernandinho too much space to cover hence why Shelby had so much time to get in shots. A lot of people near me were shouting to get another midfielder on but surely we are better playing with both strikers at present? Watch it again and you will see Joleon not close the space. Demichelis does this and apart from one dive in which left Guzman free (should have scored) I thought his reading of the game was much better than JL. Perhaps it's a confidence thing and maybe being in and out and ultimately knowing your going doesn't help. I reiterate though that he's ok but I would rather have ball playing CB's any day. Special mention to both fullbacks yesterday thought they were back to their best.

King Geedorah said:
Certainly 3rd choice ahead of Demi- not sure anyone could argue with that.

I personally prefer him to Nastasic, I think the experience shows. Most of our horror shows have happened with Nastasic in the team.

I think Demichelis is much better, surprised to see so many people going the other way.

i really would go with tried and trusted best defence 2 years running Zabba Kompany Lescott Clichy, know each other and there is no one i see good enough to justify breaking that up, the way demi dived in going to ground for that chance they missed 1st half yesterday was school boy stuff, not a miss kick, bad pass or lack of pace just basic defending and for now thats what we need

Keep seeing on here "........ Good at defending but not good enough at blah blah"

Surely what we need, right now, is basic defence skills. Joleon is the right man for right now.

He reads the game very well, hence his ability to make great tackles, interceptions and headers...Now I know he dithers on the ball which is not favourable in a team that builds from the back...but, he's pretty damn solid in defence is he not...?

Mr HJ said:
Being a little picky about the last two games Joleon has looked ok but that's it ok. Yesterday he seemed very cautious about stepping out to reduce the space - he was so deep this gave Yaya and Fernandinho too much space to cover hence why Shelby had so much time to get in shots. A lot of people near me were shouting to get another midfielder on but surely we are better playing with both strikers at present? Watch it again and you will see Joleon not close the space. Demichelis does this and apart from one dive in which left Guzman free (should have scored) I thought his reading of the game was much better than JL. Perhaps it's a confidence thing and maybe being in and out and ultimately knowing your going doesn't help. I reiterate though that he's ok but I would rather have ball playing CB's any day. Special mention to both fullbacks yesterday thought they were back to their best.

And yet the exact same thing has been happening all season even when Lescott hasn't been in the side.

Spooky Lescott influence even when he isn't there.

You try watching it again & instead of looking for faults with Lescott, pick faults with Demichelis instead, see how it goes by comparison. Then watch recordings of a few games with Nastasic & pick faults with his play. Then see how the two compare directly, to how many faults you found in Lescott's game, including in possession of the ball.

Try to figure out why Lescott kept finding himself on the right side of the defence, sometimes running full tilt as last man, when he is a left sided defender, for starters, & how much Demichelis was contributing to successfully protecting our back line at that time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.