Joleon Lescott

Interesting that so many people have commented on Lescott's passing today, as his pass completion at 82% was way below his average for the season (he's generally up around 90-92%). It was, however, much more positive and he took responsibility with the ball at his feet more than we are used to seeing. He did give the thing away a few times though. So I take it people prefer more ambitious (albeit less successful) passing from our centre-backs?

FromPollockToSilva said:
Interesting that so many people have commented on Lescott's passing today, as his pass completion at 82% was way below his average for the season (he's generally up around 90-92%). It was, however, much more positive and he took responsibility with the ball at his feet more than we are used to seeing. He did give the thing away a few times though. So I take it people prefer more ambitious (albeit less successful) passing from our centre-backs?

That's because Swansea press high so the easy pass wasn't always on but overall he did well and especially and most importantly with the defensive role which is what he is paid for.

considering he is a bit rusty i thought he was pretty good
I hope pellers gives him a run but i dont think he will.Demi will be better against southampton as they will press hard and i think lescott would be forced into more mistakes

Nelly's Left Foot said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

That's because Swansea press high so the easy pass wasn't always on but overall he did well and especially and most importantly with the defensive role which is what he is paid for.

Oh absolutely no arguments about his performance, I thought he was very good (as I did when he played against Spurs last week). I just found it interesting that so many people were highlighting his passing when actually in terms of maintaining possession he did a worse job than he usually does. Your point about Swansea's high pressing is certainly a good one, but I wonder if Lescott's greater impetus is something that he has been coached by Pellegrini?

Exceptional today and will easily make the World Cup squad if the form he has had since Newcastle away continues throughout the rest of the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.