Joleon Lescott

daxman said:
FrancoisToure said:
citymad said:
24 mill. It's quite unbelievable when you think about it.

I am not a Lescott fan but he was an important part of the squad the for the past few years. 24 is not unbelievable considering what we have won with him. 50 for Torres is unbelievable. 24 for Lescott is just what we had to pay back then.
Take the blue lenses off mate. 24 million is grossly unbelievable for Lescott. It is more unbelievable than 50 million for Torres. As Torress had at some point before his transfer, showed the talent of a 50 million dollar player. Lescott at no point in his career ever showed the quality of a player worth more than 10 million. He was a good tackler and header of the ball, who was unathletic, poor with footskills and average to poor positioning, and had never played at a top club and was already 27 when purchased, and was a defender.

Generally speaking, no defender should cost more that 20 million. The very best of them should go for about 20 to 25 million. We are talking absolute top 5 to 10 best with unique skills outside of just defending. We are talking about the Lucio at his peak, Vidic, Kompany, SIlva, Puyol at his peak and Hummels e.t.c.

Top tier: Silva, Vidic, Komps, Luiz, Ramos (Top notch or Superior Potential) 20 Million to 25
2nd Tier: Hummels, Vertonghen, Pique, Varane, Nasty Cahill (Very Good allround CDs or young new talent)

Lescott is a 3rd tier CD: Has certain qualities but limited. This guys should cost 5 - 9 million at the most.
Where would someone like Cannavaro come in your ridiculous list

Top Tier Luiz
FML

Firasdo said:
Had a good game today with Nastasic, well done Jolean.

I didn't think he looked great at all,cumbersome in fact,his passing and ball skills are practically zero.

Of the defenders I thought Koloarov was the strongest,and I am amongst his biggest critics,credit where its due.

Firasdo said:

Which angle were you viewing it from?

From my angle in the ground me and people around me weren't saying the same thing.

As always when I come on here to slag a City player off, it's because I see lack of effort. I was happy with the teams effort today, but Lescott should of done far better.

Firasdo said:

A 29-year old, seasoned top level pro should have much more command over his back line, at time, it looked like the 19 year old kid was doing the organising required.

FantasyIreland said:
Firasdo said:

I didn't think he looked great at all,cumbersome in fact,his passing and ball skills are practically zero.

Of the defenders I thought Koloarov was the strongest,and I am amongst his biggest critics,credit where its due.
My thoughts exactly.

We didn't concede and he had a couple of goal scoring opportunities.
He is what he is and plays for us ....none of our youngsters are better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.