Joleon Lescott

His passing seems to have got worse, which considering it was the weakest part of his game to start with is a worry.
My main concern with him at the moment is the lack of communication between his other defenders. A couple of times today he looked lost and didn't seem to know wherever to pick a man up or the space.
I'm nowhere near as concerned when he's partnering Kompany, and to a certain extent Nasty, but when we have some real quality come up against us I'm not as confident in him as I have been in the past.
I wouldn't allow him to leave though, there's still a very good defender in there somewhere and there should be ample opportunity for him to get game time and rediscover his form.

Lescott isn't a leader.

The main problem is that he doesn't express any confidence or belief in himself which means when he is paired with someone other than Kompany he looks lost and scared almost. When I watch him he seems to have little to no constant communication with the other CB which is crucial.

Kompany literally lights up the defence when he plays, oozes class and confidence and constantly talks the other CB through the game which means you can pluck a 19yr old from Serie A and play him against Real with confidence. You can play Boyata against the best team on the planet in a match and despite the loss, both of them come out with praise.

When he plays with Kompany he can be very good.

I can't believe how he has got so far in his career when he struggles to pass a ball 5 yards!

I thought his days were numbered when he almost cost us the title. I saw nothing last season to suggest he would be the future. I've seen nothing this season yet either.

New signing in next week......

What makes me laugh about Lescott is when he passes the ball about 2 yards at 300mph!!

Seriously...That moment when he pivoted on his standing leg in the first half when they had the one on one...He is only a back up now IMO

Anyone else thinks that Nastasic would've coped better on the right side so that Lescott can play on his favoured left side ?

Lescott is a very good defender. The problem with him is that he is quite awkward with his balance and flexibility and struggles to change,turn and move his body position and weight in tight spaces and also lacks pace so can get caught out at times. But he a strong, reads the game well and is better on the ball than people want to admit. Unfortunately the comfortable on the ball label was attached to him and has stuck.

People tend to forget and was almost on par with Kompany in terms of performances 2 seasons ago. Since then, he has been unsettled with the changes and have struggled to regain the comfort levels he had in the title winning year. Lescott is a very intelligent defender and a good tackler as well.

The criticism he is getting today in this thread is uncalled for and disrespectful and like one or two other players in the squad e.g Dzeko, he is an easy target.

Isn't it a bit odd when a player has to be nannied through every game & cannot play if he is not surrounded by world class defenders. When he passes like a girl & is slow & cannot read a game.
Nothing wrong with that of course unless he cost 24 million quid & he is part of a squad trying to win the PL & CL.
But the real worry is that he is no different now than when he came!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.