Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an earlier post I described this thread as raggish, and someone asked me why. There's the proof.
Its quite ridiculous that some fans think they know the ins and out of transfers,especially this poster.I can only assume that his Mums let him have an extra few minutes before she turns his light off,seeing as the school hols are in full swing. ;)

Assuming Mangala leaves he is the 4th choice CB we so clearly need. Not many players would be happy to play that role who are good enough for us.
You assume he would be happy to be 4th choice, I don't want somebody who is happy to be 4th choice.

He's a leader,
Most of his career he's looked something of a shithouse to me.

He takes a good penalty too.
FFS you are scraping the barrel now, but I think we might have better.

Assuming Mangala leaves he is the 4th choice CB we so clearly need. Not many players would be happy to play that role who are good enough for us.
He replaces Clichy as a homegrown player.
He's a leader, and I'd argue that of our current squad only Kompany naturally fits that bill as Bravo speaks little English and isn't exactly performing well, Stones is young and Gundogan is new. That is important in the dressing room. He takes a good penalty too.
As I explained somewhere else, I think Stones and Tosin could learn a lot about pragmatic Premier League defending from someone like Evans.

That would be all well and good.... if he was a decent player.

But the most generous appraisal I can think of is "he doesn't suck as much as most people think".

Jonny Evans is not an eighteen million pound signing. And we'd have to pay MORE to get him, given the bid was turned down.

No, because we expect a squad full of top level stars. Every signing has to be a first tier player regardless of cost. How many times do you read on here the comment " I don't care what he costs, it's not my money". Well, there are people whose money it is and they have to be damn careful how they spend it and make sure that we are adequately covered in all positions. Evans may not be the best CB in the world but the management have decided that we either can't afford a top tier CB this year or that that money will have to be better spent elsewhere. Supporting isn't just standing on the terraces cheering (or booing) every Saturday, it's also about supporting the management in doing a very difficult job in difficult circumstances. We all know we're a rich club and we should be thankful for it but we have to think of the guy who has ploughed in a fortune to get us where we are. Under different circumstances, I think we might have been anticipating the signing of someone like Evans with the same relish as that of Sanchez or Mbappe. People have very short memories.
All well and good but what if I just don't rate him?

Well you can sod right off with that ridiculous comment ... its far too sensible.I`m not in agreement that we sign Evans,moreso at anything that is now going to be above £18M,but sometimes a manager makes a decision that comes back to bite him on the arse,or he proves us all wrong.
You have a good theory that maybe as fans we expect world class players in every position,twice over,for cover.It only works like that on FIFA.
Mate, some of the comments on this thread have made me angry and sad at the same time. People on here have turned into the very thing they used to criticise the red twats for all these years. It makes you wonder if it wasn't just envy all along rather than us being proper football fans as opposed to the plastics we always accused them of being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.