Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing signing. I am really buzzing at this. Just imagine our defense this season. Kompany next to Evans. The best defensive partnership in Europe in the last 15 years, right up there with Maldini and Nesta.

He was poor at the scum and going Of the few games I watched of West Brom games last season he has improved like defenders usually do.

That is because West Brom under Pulis play very defensively. Try and imagine Evans in a high line defence. I know ... Scary ainnit ?!

But if we want to be serious contenders for the PL and CL, and with a question mark still over Vinny, Jonny Evans is not a replacement or the answer. And certainly not for £20mill.

Pretty sure he has won more league titles than all of our centre halves combined.

Maybe my memory is fading, but he was an important player for United in 2011-12 and when they won the title in 2013.

If I see a private jet from the Midlands i will do a John McClean and block it from landing. Hope that helps?

Dunno about you but my hatred goes down a few notches when they leave the rags and disappears almost entirely if they pull on a City shirt and give 100%.

If they were good players then fine, tevez being the perfect example, us signing him hurt them, they wanted to keep him and it was a seminal moment in the power shift, the previous few cross overs were rag tag players not good enough to play for them, so really shouldn't be good enough for us either.

£10m for Mangala may be a pittance in todays market but the guy is no good. We tried holding out for approx £20m last summer and nobody was interested, end result was another loan with us paying some/most/all of his wages. Take the £10m and get his wages off the books.
Agree with this. It is sad but the reality is that Mangala does not look like improving for us. He is strong and quick, but with poor tactical awareness and bad technique. Not good enough for us. It was a big mistake signing him in the first place.

I read something equally as tragic last week when a poster claimed he would not dream of having "friends" who were Rags.WTF !! Tongue in cheek ? Who knows but thats how sad some fans can be.

Stopped talking to my lad when at 10 years old he said he wanted a rag shirt, did the trick, as big a blue as anyone now, have to be cruel to be kind !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.