Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

Wait a second, the same can be said about Salah when he won it, fucking Scott Parker when he won it a few years ago. The amount of games De Bruyne has affected directly is more than any other player in the league. The comparison between him and a water carrier is ridiculous, if we're going down that route then Fernandinho should have been player of the season x2 as he had consistent seasons in the same manner. If Henderson wins it, then it will be for the same reason that Parker/Kante won it, the English media love a warhorse (even more if he's English) player and will stop at nothing to push that agenda when they can. It's not even a debate that De Bruyne has been POTS.
I’m not saying Henderson should win it. I think Danny Ings’ form to get Southampton from being relegation favourites to mid table is the best thing any player has done this season in this league.

I disagree with Salah winning it in 2018, it should have been de Bruyne. Should have been Bernardo last season, not van Dijk. Should have been Yaya in 2014, not Suarez. Should have been Yaya in 2012, not van Persie. Agüero should have won Young player in 2012, not Kyle Walker.

I just think de Bruyne hasn’t been good enough since footy came back after lockdown to win it. If he’d carried on his form from the Winter then yes. Ignoring stats, because they’re not even what football is about, his general play was the best in the league. Recently he’s been very hit and miss, giving lots of passes in dangerous areas straight to the opposition.

The media influence who wins it. They pick someone to praise from about Christmas on awards and it sways opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not saying Henderson should win it. I think Danny Ings’ form to get Southampton from being relegation favourites to mid table is the best thing any player has done this season in this league.

I disagree with Salah winning it in 2018, it should have been de Bruyne. Should have been Bernardo last season, not van Dijk. Should have been Yaya in 2014, not Suarez. Should have been Yaya in 2012, not van Persie. Agüero should have won Young player in 2012, not Kyle Walker.

I just think de Bruyne hasn’t been good enough since footy came back after lockdown to win it. If he’d carried on his form from the Winter then yes. Ignoring stats, because they’re not even what football is about, his general play was the best in the league. Recently he’s been very hit and miss, giving lots of passes in dangerous areas straight to the opposition.

The media influence who wins it. They pick someone to praise from about Christmas on awards and it sways opinion.

What are u talking about??

He has been great after the break as well. Yes, did a few off days and moments in games which u mention, but doesn't take away the fact, he has been great and fully deserving of the honor

Danny Ings did fuck all the start of the season, just because he's been decent since we came back it doesn't mean he should win it. I think this season is obviously a complete anomoly, i don't think we should be adding too much weight to what has happened post lockdown because of this. Since we came back, a lot of teams have been going through the motions as it wasn't possible to go full tilt. In that time, yes Ings has been good, but for the rest of the season he's been just OK.

Are the members of the PFA the only ones allowed to vote? I think I read that actual members of the PFA are relatively small because many of the foreign players are in their own national union.
I cant imagine skilful classy foreigners being influenced by a Sky commentator or some prick from a tabloid to vote for a clogger or a headless chicken.

Know only this. When Pelligrini won the double in his first season the manager of the year was...............

Alan Pardew.

Tactical voting probably goes on as well. If the bus wreckers think one of their players could win it why would they vote en masse for a direct rival. More likely they split the votes up so some would vote for KDB but not in huge numbers. The votes should be revealed so people know who voted for who not just the odd person is speaks out. KDB has been far and away the best player in the league and should win it. Ask yourselves this, how many other teams would want KDB in their side over and above Sir Jordan if they could only choose one player to strengthen their side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.