José Ángel Pozo

This kid was Real Madrid's record scorer at youth level and was scouted by no less than Vieira himself.

We've seen his ability to find himself good positions in the box on several occasions in his first team stint and with some confidence, more minutes under his belt and a team that know his game better then I think we'll have a little belter ojn our hands here.

He's much better than he's been made to look recently, the way he is used is currently playing to all of his worst qualities rather than his best. If we could put him next to Dzeko in a two and let him drop back a bit rather than playing on his own and working the channels then we'll see the best of him.

Hard going for him today, he clearly isn't ready for a starting place and would only be normally be used as a late substitute. He held the ball up well , the few times he got it, but was starved of service and was outmuscled. We mustn't get on his back he is still learning the game.

Tough game for him, but he did some good things and put in a good shift for the team.

Asking a bit much for him to lead the line by himself but I'm happy for him to get more chances.

Damocles said:
This kid was Real Madrid's record scorer at youth level and was scouted by no less than Vieira himself.

We've seen his ability to find himself good positions in the box on several occasions in his first team stint and with some confidence, more minutes under his belt and a team that know his game better then I think we'll have a little belter ojn our hands here.

He's much better than he's been made to look recently, the way he is used is currently playing to all of his worst qualities rather than his best. If we could put him next to Dzeko in a two and let him drop back a bit rather than playing on his own and working the channels then we'll see the best of him.

^

Damocles said:

This! He's wasted trying to head the ball and outmuscle men who are a foot taller.

It's just too early for him, that's all. He's a phenomenal talent but is skipping many levels to play in the first team in intense Premier League games. When he's 21 or 22, he'll be a much stronger player. But even at the age of 18, he'd be more influential in his normal role. I think it's a great show of faith that City have given him games even if he's clearly not really ready for this level yet.

the lads got potential , and thats all , he certainly isnt the type of forward to lead the line and hold the ball up, he is tidy in possession , but absolutely no physical presence , agree he needs a season on loan maybe in the championship , to toughen him up

i♥city! said:
He should spend the second half of the season on loan to a la-liga / Eredevise side.

Despite our current injury crisis, that is the kind of foolhardy decision we just might take. Better keep him near for now.

LoveCity said:
It's just too early for him, that's all. He's a phenomenal talent but is skipping many levels to play in the first team in intense Premier League games. When he's 21 or 22, he'll be a much stronger player. But even at the age of 18, he'd be more influential in his normal role. I think it's a great show of faith that City have given him games even if he's clearly not really ready for this level yet.

Who else can we play when the 3 forwards we have are injured its a shame we didnt hold onto Negredo as he is 1 of more physical players but it didnt work out and not replacing him was a bit of a fuck up.
Look to the players available we only got Pozo but I do wonder if anyone from the EDS would be moved up too or if theres any way of getting back any of the players out on loan. Simple thing is we give the lad a run in the team. We look at the next 4 games Palace , West Brom , Burnley and Sunderland leading into the Wednesday game all winable games even without a senoir striker. If Pozo can build on his first start and play in all those games and even if he scores a goal or 2 it would give him so much confidence going forward the kid will learn a lot from the last 2 games need time to prove he can do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.