José Ángel Pozo

i♥city! said:
BigOscar said:
Some suggestion that Jovetic and Dzeko will be missing for a couple of weeks, if so then we have to play in a way that suits Pozo in the mean time, while promoting Ambrose to the bench.

We would be better off playing Yaya in an attacking / advanced role with Silva behind him.
Fuck no, I can't imagine anything worse than Yaya upfront. For a start, we need him in midfield. Secondly, his movement is absolutely non-existent. He would be impossible to get the ball to, he wouldn't chase anything and he wouldn't offer anything in behind or challenge for anything hit long to him. He's just about the last person I'd want upfront on his own.

BigOscar said:
Some suggestion that Jovetic and Dzeko will be missing for a couple of weeks, if so then we have to play in a way that suits Pozo in the mean time, while promoting Ambrose to the bench.

The lad looks out of his depth to me. Not his fault of course, but if we're going to ask someone to play out of position and do a job for a couple of weeks surely a more experienced player like Nasri or Silva would be a better bet?

herrock said:
Hard going for him today, he clearly isn't ready for a starting place and would only be normally be used as a late substitute. He held the ball up well , the few times he got it, but was starved of service and was outmuscled. We mustn't get on his back he is still learning the game.

Well said I agre.. Me personally would try navas up there

It's just too soon for him. He has tons of talent and potential but at the moment it's a kid playing a mans game. Few more years and maybe hit the gym a bit more and he'll be ready.

Worked hard up there on his own but its a little too soon for him in his career to be playing the lone striker at this level although the experience will do him no harm.

Some harsh comments on here about a kid with Silva/Nasri potential. He's being played out of position and will become a quality support striker once he bulks up.

There was a touch to Yaya at the end of the first half which demonstrated his awareness and class, and if yaya had played it back to him could've been a goal.

Let's get behind him and see where he gets to. Everyone has been crying about us not playing kids and when they're finally our only option decide to slag them off!!

Having seen him play at the EDS level, he is a clever, skillful player, who is a fox in the box with the ability to score and create for others in and around the box. Sadly, without a main striker in support of him, his weaknesses have been highlighted.

Let's not forget he is an 18 yr old kid at this point, and as others have noted, once he fills out and hits 20/21, we will know if he will save us £25M or bring us £5M. Either way, I expect a significant return from our investment in him.

JonnyBoi said:
Some harsh comments on here about a kid with Silva/Nasri potential. He's being played out of position and will become a quality support striker once he bulks up.

There was a touch to Yaya at the end of the first half which demonstrated his awareness and class, and if yaya had played it back to him could've been a goal.

Let's get behind him and see where he gets to. Everyone has been crying about us not playing kids and when they're finally our only option decide to slag them off!!
Well said!

JonnyBoi said:

We are behind him , its just that he's not ready yet .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.