José Ángel Pozo

ChicagoBlue said:
Having seen him play at the EDS level, he is a clever, skillful player, who is a fox in the box with the ability to score and create for others in and around the box. Sadly, without a main striker in support of him, his weaknesses have been highlighted.

Let's not forget he is an 18 yr old kid at this point, and as others have noted, once he fills out and hits 20/21, we will know if he will save us £25M or bring us £5M. Either way, I expect a significant return from our investment in him.
He doesn't play with a main striker in the EDS though, we just have wingers that get beyond him for him to pass to and pull the ball back from wide areas and the team doesn't hit the ball up to him expecting him to be Didier Drogba.

Agree with most of the comments, but at the end of the day, if we’re serious about retaining the Premier League, then we can’t afford to be starting games with somebody who might be good in a few years.

I wouldn’t mind, but this isn’t even hindsight because all season we’ve been concerned about our injury prone strikers.

The only consolation is that this has happened when our next games are Palace, West Brom and Burnley.
In the short term Pellegrini will have to use his tactical nous, but let’s have a 4th centre forward as soon as the transfer window reopens.

Not got much to say that hasn't already been said. Main problem is we're playing him in a role that he's not built for and shouldn't be expected to play. I think him playing in the first team at the moment is doing him no favours in terms of developing him as a player.

Until now im not impressed at all! now people will understand how its the difficult to be a starter in this team ( even difficult for a pro like Sinclair)
Btw the " headless" Sterling was doing good at 18
We can argue 2 games he plays when it wasn't planned
Doens't get much balls as some said not a natural 9 to lead the line
He need to impose himself and look like a passenger following the pro
Pellegrini should have talks with him to impose himself
Maybe next time get an academy player who is a true 9 like Hiwula ( think loaned right now?)

Scaring Europe to Death said:
Agree with most of the comments, but at the end of the day, if we’re serious about retaining the Premier League, then we can’t afford to be starting games with somebody who might be good in a few years.

I wouldn’t mind, but this isn’t even hindsight because all season we’ve been concerned about our injury prone strikers.

The only consolation is that this has happened when our next games are Palace, West Brom and Burnley.
In the short term Pellegrini will have to use his tactical nous, but let’s have a 4th centre forward as soon as the transfer window reopens.

I'm sorry but the future of City is all about bedding in Academy graduates and you're going to have to get used to it. They're kids, most of them will have bad games. Some of them might even cost us points. The bigger picture is more important than that and we haven't just spent £200m on an Academy to let talents like Pozo rot away when we need a striker. The Academy is there to supplement the first team and that's what it is doing.

momo88 said:
Until now im not impressed at all!

Maybe give this incredible talent that we competed with every top club in the world for a little longer than 2 hours before you start slating him hey? Anybody who watches the EDS or U18s with any sort of regularity will tell you that he's a fantastic player.

Damocles said:

I'm sorry but the future of City is all about bedding in Academy graduates and you're going to have to get used to it. They're kids, most of them will have bad games. Some of them might even cost us points. The bigger picture is more important than that and we haven't just spent £200m on an Academy to let talents like Pozo rot away when we need a striker. The Academy is there to supplement the first team and that's what it is doing.

momo88 said:

Maybe give this incredible talent that we competed with every top club in the world for a little longer than 2 hours before you start slating him hey? Anybody who watches the EDS or U18s with any sort of regularity will tell you that he's a fantastic player.

Hang on a minute. I'm not saying that he isn't a good prospect, or even that he shouldn't be starting.
I'm merely stating that City are in a cut-throat Premier League where winning is everything.

Damocles said:

momo88 said:

I am not saying he isn't good and i follow sometimes the EDS & U18

I am just stating that with experience im never going to fool myself again with this yeah he is amazing he is the next x like i did with the likes of Suarez, Abdul and co until i saw them making an instant impact when they got the chance

I may sonud harsh with him but i hope he come good !

Look im a show jumping rider i know how a talented young horse could turn shit or limited when you aspire for the next top level

Sorry, but he is just not ready for this level yet. Whey you are player of his size in Premier League you need pace or skills to cancel that handicap. He still doesn't have neither of that three and is obviously not a typical striker. Bit scared and impressed too. Other players don't help him though with right balls.

Anyway, hope he'll make it but right now I don't see him being enough to fix our current injury problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.